Looks like this event has already ended.
Explore the events happening around you, or organize your very own event.
InfoSocial 2013: Bridging Media, Technology, and Social Science
Friday, October 25, 2013 at 4:00 PM - Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 9:00 PM (CDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Parking info: You may park anywhere on campus for free after 4pm on Friday and all day Saturday.
InfoSocial is a student-run conference dedicated to showcasing graduate student research that is theoretically engaging, methodologically sound, and socially relevant. We welcome submissions that engage multiple ways of thinking as well as a wide range of methodologies.
Building on the success of the inaugural InfoSocial event held last year (which received more than one hundred submissions from over fifty institutions internationally), for this year’s edition we seek papers authored by graduate students that address relevant topics within and across disciplines, including contributions from communication and media studies, sociology, psychology, computer science, science and technology studies, information science, political science, and anthropology.
Topics include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Gaming, online communities, and digital cultures
- Human-computer interaction
- Inequality, skills, and social capital
- Information and communication technologies for development
- News, entertainment, and audiences
- Online behavior and privacy
- Organizations, networks, and innovation
- Social impact, policy, and regulation
- Social media and big data
- Youth, family, and the media