Informed Consent Bootcamp, Summer 2013
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
INFORMED CONSENT "BOOT CAMP" in a NEW 2-day format!
Lecture on May 30th with hands on training and discussion on June 6th.
Location: Medical Education Building, Room 2205
Date: May 30, 2013 AND June 6, 2013
Time: 8 am - 11 am
This course provides a comprehensive overview of the many important details related to the preparation and delivery of the Informed Consent Process for Human Subjects Research.
It is recommended for anyone at UC Davis who is involved in the Research Informed Consent Process, from the construction of an Informed Consent Form to the actual obtaining potential subject consent and obtaining signatures for the documents.
- Essential Elements of Consent
- Federal Regulations and Guidance
- UC Davis Standard Model Informed Consent Form
- Financial Considerations & Contract issues affecting the consent
- Readability and layouts
- Delivery of the Informed Consent
- Special Topics: Minors, Witnesses, Withdrawal from the study
Hands-On Training: practice questions, video presentation, and a comprehensive practice session where skills learned during lecture portion are put to the test in several real-life examples of consenting a "subject" for a research project. Handouts with additional information are included.
Upon completion of this course you should be able to: Explain the Reason for the Informed Consent Process
- Discuss the Essential Elements of Informed Consent
- Describe how to write better effective Consent Documents
- Explain how to conduct a more effective and meaningful Informed Consent for your research study subjects
Principal Investigators, Residents, Fellows, Co-Investigators, Sub-Investigators, Clinical Research Coordinators, Research Nurse Coordinators, Jr. Specialists, and Research Administrative Staff
For more information contact:
Elizabeth Mathis, CCRP, Education Program Lead, Clinical Trials Resource Group, CTSC
University of California, Davis, Clinical and Translational Sciences Center
About CTSC Clinical Trials Resource Group
We provide broad range of support services to the UC Davis Research Community, streamlining the path to regulatory approval of human subject protocols and maintaining the regulatory compliance for the duration of the study.
Services We Offer
1. Logistical support to clinical research protocols
2. Education and training of investigators and staff
3. Clinical trials monitoring