Bummer! Sales have ended.
Unfortunately, tickets for this event are no longer on sale.
INFORMED CONSENT "BOOT CAMP"
Location: UC Davis Clinical & Translational Science Center, Auditorium (Rm. #1444)
Date: October 10, 2012
Time: 8 pm - 11 am
This course provides a comprehensive overview of the many important details related to the preparation and delivery of the Informed Consent Process for Human Subjects Research.
It is recommended for anyone at UC Davis who is involved in the Research Informed Consent Process, from the construction of an Informed Consent Form to the actual obtaining potential subject consent and obtaining signatures for the documents.
- Essential Elements of Consent
- Federal Regulations and Guidance
- UC Davis Standard Model Informed Consent Form
- Financial Considerations & Contract issues affecting the consent
- Readability and layouts
- Delivery of the Informed Consent
- Special Topics: Minors, Witnesses, Withdrawal from the study
Hands-On Training: practice questions, video presentation and ...a live demonstration of consenting a "subject" for a research project. Handouts with additional informaiton are included.
Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Explain the Reason for the Informed Consent Process
- Discuss the Essential Elements of Informed Consent
- Describe how to write better effective Consent Documents
- Explain how to conduct a more effective and meaningful Informed Consent for your research study subjects
Principal Investigators, Residents, Fellows, Co-Investigators, Sub-Investigators, Clinical Research Coordinators, Research Nurse Coordinators, Jr. Specialists, and Research Administrative Staff
For more information contact:
Kate Marusina, Manager, Clinical Trials, Clinical Trials Resource Group, CTSC