Information Session - June
Saturday, June 28, 2014 from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
La Verne Law’s Information Session is designed to provide a lively, fast-paced introduction to the University of La Verne College of Law and the many benefits of earning a Juris Doctor degree. The structured format begins promptly at 10 a.m. so plan to come early, enjoy refreshments and get an up close and personal look at La Verne Law.
Dean Holmes will introduce himself and discuss his vision for the law school and describe how our school supports the student body in gaining a relevant and comprehensive legal education that is rich in experiential learning and opportunities for professional and personal growth.
Faculty, current students, staff and recent alumni will offer their insight and expertise and will introduce you to the La Verne Law Experience.
Program Topics to include:
- Explore ways to get involved and discover why the University of La Verne is the place for you
- Learn about the elements that comprise a strong law school admission application
- Investigate practical ways to finance your education and the basics of the new federal loan repayment options
- Information our program of professional development to prepare students for their careers after graduation
- Hear about the bar readiness programs designed to help our students transition from law school study and exams to bar preparation and the bar exam
- Finish with a student-guided tour of the law school
La Verne Law is a close-knit and inclusive community and we encourage you to bring your loved ones with you to this event because choosing to attend law school is a life changing decision.
When & Where
La Verne Law
Founded in 1970, La Verne Law is a provisionally ABA-approved law school located in inland Southern California 40 miles east of downtown Los Angeles. We provide a personalized, rigorous legal education rooted in the foundational elements of law and its practical applications. It is part of the University of La Verne, a nationally recognized institution with a proud 121-year history of providing a sound learning experience committed to the values of inclusivity, ethical behavior, community & civic engagement and lifelong learning.