** Please Note: An entry fee Rs.100 will be collected at the venue**
Location: IIT Madras Research Park, Hall 5, 1st floor (above food court), 1, Kanagam Rd, Tharamani, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India - location map here.
Please note the parking charges for four wheeler is Rs.50 and for two wheeler is Rs.25 at IIT Madras Research Park.
09:45 – 10:00 Registration
10:00 – 10:10 MPUG Introductions
10:15 – 12:15 Topic: Manage Agile Projects with Microsoft Project AND Save Time Using Macros in Microsoft Project
12:15 – 12:30 Questions and Closing
Attendees may bring their laptops and try the options discussed.
PDUs: 2.5 PDUs for PMP and PMI-SP credential holders
At the end of this session, you will be able to do the following tasks in Microsoft Project:
1. Manage Agile Projects using Microsoft Project
- Use summary tasks to define Springs with fixed dates and duration
- Choose the right task mode for Springs and Stories
- Create Backlog of stories and move Stories to Sprints
- Alias / customize Project fields to define story points, velocity
- Validate the Spring schedule when scheduling stories
- Record detailed user stories for each Story
- Identify who does what and resource overallocations
- Analyze and compare the planned velocity with the current velocity of each Sprint
2. Macros in Microsoft Project
- Record and run a simple macro
- Enable or disable macros
- Describe Project Object Model objects, properties, methods and events
- Use objects, properties, methods of objects in macros
B Sai Prasad, PMP®, PMI-SP®
B Sai Prasad, Senior Manager - Learning & Development, has been with service provider Cognizant Technology Solutions India Pvt. Ltd since 2001 where he was named winner of the company's Global Trainer of the Year award.
He is a Champion of Project Management from PMI India. He is awarded the Champion of the Quarter (Q4 – 2012) and Delivery Excellence Award (2011-2012) from PMI India. He works with Project Management Institute Education Foundation (PMIEF) in promoting project management concepts to colleges. He has participated as a speaker, panelist in PMI REPs and Chapters events.
He's also the editor of the project management book, Forecast Scheduling with Project 2010. He is a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) in Project 2010. He started the first Microsoft Project Users Group (MPUG) Chapter in India. He is the President of MPUG India Chennai chapter - http://chennai.mpug.com - to promote and help practitioners on how to effectively use Microsoft Office Project.