THE INDEPENDENT FILM MASTER CLASS
Presented by The International Academy of Film and Television
in association with Filmmakers Alliance
When: Saturday, April 28th 2012 - 10 am to 5 pm
and Sunday, April 29th 2012 - 10 am to 5 pm
Where: International Academy of Film and Television
635 S. San Fernando Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91502 (map)
Filmmakers Alliance's INDEPENDENT FILM MASTER CLASS is the complete, a definitive, step-by-step, two-day seminar for independent filmmakers giving you the KEY information you need to get your film MADE and SEEN. The INDEPENDENT FILM MASTER CLASS is a clean, clear, concise and complete independent filmmaking blueprint for your film project that will allow you to sustain your life as a filmmaker!!
- Concept, Story and Script Development - Developing ideas and concepts that work! Then, writing that script in a way that will get your film made without compromising your vision.
- Web Tools For film - New tools and programs are developing almost daily to help indie filmmakers manage every stage of a film’s life and maximize time/money. Find out about some of the best.
- The Legalities - What needs to be done to get your production up and running and to avoid any legal issues at any point down the road.
- Private Equity Financing, Grants, Crowdfunding and Tax Credits - Where to find the money and what you need to do to get it.
- Distribution Planning - What you need to do at the front end (and throughout) to prepare for the back-end success of your film.
- Pre-production and Production - How to get the most filmmaking bang from your budget - creatively and cost-efficiently managing your project. Also, how best to work with actors, crew, locations, unions, guilds, crafts to ensure your film not only gets made, but looks exponentially more than its cost.
- Post-Production - New technologies and methodologies are making it easier to high end work with a low end budget. Find out what they are and what you need to do give a stunning, world-class finish to your film and how to prepare for it long before you reach post.
- Festivals, Marketing Distribution - Understanding the festival circuit and how to use it to your film’s greatest advantage. And devising and executing a distribution plan that will give your film it’s best shot at success and sustain your filmmaking life!
- Writer-director Sean Hood (http://genrehacks.blogspot.com) discussing concept/story development and screenwriting for Indie features.
- Entertainment attorney Michael Blaha (http://www.blahalaw.com) discusses all things legal.
- No-budget filmmaking specialist Mark Stolaroff (http://www.nobudgetfilmschool.com).
- Post-production expert, Michael Cioni (http://www.lightirondigital.com).
- Distribution guru Jon Reiss (http://jonreiss.com/strategy).
- Film Collaborative's Orly Ravid, discusses distribution, sales/licensing and contract/negotiation services with a focus on new media digital distribution (http://www.thefilmcollaborative.org).
The seminar also includes filmmaker case-studies and open Q&A periods, so come prepared with your specific filmmaking questions - the ones that most have you stumped - so that we can take you to the next level.
$199 - General seminar fee.
$149 - Single Day seminar fee.
$274 - Includes seminar fee plus one year of Filmmakers Alliance membership.
$224 - Includes Single Day seminar fee plus one year of Filmmakers Alliance membership.
Register and take your best first step to getting your film made NOW!
When & Where
|Filmmakers Alliance is a community of film artists dedicated to the advancement of true independent film through community action. FA provides a unique mutual support system through which members share time, energy, expertise, equipment and most important, creative support for one another's film projects from concept through distribution. We work together to restore humanity, authenticity, diversity, originality, intelligence, relevance, personal vision and emotional resonance to American Cinema.|