San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
A FREE COMMUNITY-WIDE EDUCATIONAL AND AWARENESS EVENT OPEN TO ALL
Featuring: N.E.D. - No Evidence of Disease
A new documentary about six gynecologic oncology surgeons and their unique rock band … through the healing power of music, they shine a spotlight on women’s cancers and increase the odds of early, life-saving diagnoses
2:00 – 3:15 pm: Screening of N.E.D. - No Evidence of Disease
3:30 – 4:30 pm: Presentation and Q & A with the film’s director, a cancer surgeon/band member from the film, local medical experts and cancer survivors
4:30 – 5:00 pm: Dessert reception and expo of supporting organizations and professionals (including local and national women’s cancer education/advocacy/research organizations; local cancer support groups; area community clinics and medical providers; local wellness organizations; local clergy and counselors, etc.)
Over 90,000 women in the United States will be diagnosed with a GYN cancer this year and, unfortunately, one-third of them will die of this disease. The phrase “I didn’t know” is a killer when it refers to symptoms which go unnoticed and undiagnosed until it is too late.
Please join us on April 6th and become “in the know” about women’s cancers.
Sponsored by: Washington Hebrew Congregation, Alfred Street Baptist Church, Elohim Christian Center, Episcopal Diocese of Washington, Holy Trinity Church, National City Christian Church, Rising Sun Baptist Church, St. Albans Parish, Turner Memorial AME Church
Shuttle service will be available between Tenleytown Metro and WHC from 1:00 – 6:00 pm.
Free Shuttle Bus Information:
- Free round trip bus transportation will be available for the event from the Tenleytown metro station (Red Line) beginning at 1:00 p.m.
- Yellow School Bus # 281 will be parked at Albemarle and Wisconsin near the metro station exit.
- There will be signs for the event in the bus windows.
The address for Washington Hebrew Congregation is 3935 Macomb St NW, Washington, DC 20016 (located at the corner of Macomb Street, NW and Massachusetts Avenue, NW).
- There are two entrances to the sanctuary.
- The main entrance is located on Macomb Street between Massachusetts Avenue, NW and 39th Street, NW.
- The side entrance is accessed through the small WHC parking lot, which is located at the corner of Macomb Street, NW and 39th Street, NW.
- Street parking is available on Massachusetts Avenue; Cathedral Avenue; 39th Street, NW; Macomb Street, NW, etc.
- Free parking is also available at the American University parking lot at New Mexico Avenue & Nebraska Avenue (just off Ward Circle)
For more information, please contact email@example.com or 202-895-6303.