San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Studio C Artists is proud to present their next series of one acts… IN THE KITCHEN. This series of brand new short plays is a collaboration of 4 producers, 4 directors, 8 writers, and 23 actors and is comprised of 8 plays that all take place in a kitchen setting. The theme of this series is gossip… because IN THE KITCHEN is “Where The Food Is Hot And The Gossip Is Hotter!” The shows cover a wide variety of topics including family heritage, romance, coming out, signing God up for Facebook, and even a one night stand with Batman! There is a nice balance of dramas and comedies.
This series is also being entered as a participant in the Hollywood Fringe Festival. The festival runs from June 12-29, 2014, along Theatre Row in Hollywood, CA. Awards are given out to shows in various categories. PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL TICKETS FOR THE FRINGE PERFORMANCES (ALL JUNE SHOWINGS) ARE ONLY AVAILABLE THROUGH THE HOLLYWOOD FRINGE FESTIVAL BOX OFFICE.
The short plays are broken into two groups to run on different nights:
"Out Of The Frying Pan" – runs 6/13, 6/21, 6/27, 7/12, 7/18, & 7/26
- DAGNABBIT by Craig Bealer – Directed by Warren Davis and starring Brian Carpenter, JP Hubbell, & Jake Jacobi
- O’MALLEY by Chris Karmiol – Directed by Rochelle Leffler and starring Mandy Denaux, M.D. Edelstein, Sara Ann Lassner, & Matt Masella
- OF THE FATHER AND OF THE SON by James Edward Quinn – Directed by Amanda Hallman and starring Joseph Cole Baken & Tad Coughenour
- GRAN AMOUR by Lena Bouton – Directed by Warren Davis and starring Lena Bouton, Louise Martin, & Ryan Smith
- LEMONADE WITH A TWIST by Roy Battocchio – Directed by Amanda Hallman and starring Dean Ghaffari & Sherry Michaels
- GOTCHA by Jack Courtney – Directed by Sabrina Lloyd and starring Carol Kaufman, Max Lichtig, & Peter Staloch
- I AM THAT I AM by Tim DeRoche – Directed by Rochelle Leffler and starring Mark Gaddis, Sara Ann Lassner, & Max Lichtig
- ONE NIGHT STAND by Gina Nicewonger – Directed by Sabrina Lloyd and starring Alejandra Bursik-Cervantes, Jane Kim, & Shaun Ryan
A STUDIO C ARTISTS PRODUCTION
Producers: Michael Lamb & Michael Sonntag
Artistic Director: John Coppola
Asst. Artistic Director: Rochelle Leffler
Stage Manager: Alex Nicholas
When & Where
Studio C Artists
At Studio C, we combine the strength of old Hollywood with the power of innovation to offer the most unique and effective approach to casting, acting instruction and storytelling. Equal parts production company, casting office and acting studio, we take the of the old studio model and add in our own contemporary spin to meet the demands of today’s entertainment industry.
- For actors looking to discover themselves - we offer workshops, master classes and special intensives.
- For producers in search of the right talent - we offer a full range of casting services.
- For audiences seeking high-quality storytelling - we produce shows for both the stage and screen.
Studio C Artists has an intimate, stageless theatre space in Hollywood, right in the heart of Theatre Row. The venue seats up to 40 with riser seating, and a small, ground level stage area. The space provides the perfect venue for acting classes, workshops, auditions, and performances that don't require sets (i.e., sketch comedy, black box theater).
To find out more about our company, our work or how you can get involved, visit us online or call (323) 988-1175.