Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome"
Wednesday, November 13, 2013 at 8:00 AM - Thursday, November 14, 2013 at 5:00 PM (EST)
The role of the office professional has changed dramatically over the past several decades with the increase in information technology. We must work collectively in identifying, sharing, and implementing the very best ideas and approaches available in order to efficiently and effectively meet the challenges brought on by changes as we look to the future.
The purpose of this training is to build a base of information to assist office professionals in supporting the needs of the scientists and research unit. Participants will gain further insight into the workings of ARS and be able to interact with their peers. In addition, this training will address recurring issues, including issues related to travel, time and attendance, project documentation, and purchasing.
Click below to register for the workshop, hotel reservations at the conference, and AgLearn to get credit for participating in the workshop! Please note: hotel rooms sleeps one person. Anything in excess of per diem will be the responsibility of the participant.
Thank you for your interest in the 2013 NACOP Training Workshop! We look forward to seeing you in Leesburg, Virginia.
GENERAL SESSION SPEAKERS:
Janelle McClintock, AFM
Sandy Miller-Hays, BA
“Change - How to Handle It”
Sharon Drumm, BA
“Toot Your Own Horn”
BREAKOUT SESSION SPEAKERS: (you will have the opportunity to choose and attend 8 sessions) When registering, please put in answer box the registration number with attendance preference (i.e. registration 4, preference 1)
Janelle McClintock - “Travel and Concur”
• Open Forum for Q&A
Michelyn Boyd – “T&A/WebTA”
• Pay and leave policies and programs
• How they affect T&A processing
• Completing T&A’s / first & last pay periods
• Common errors in webTA / accounting / less than 90 day appointments
• Lump sum payments
• On boarding and separating employees
• Leave for family care and bereavement/ voluntary leave transfer program
• Credit time, overtime/compensatory time /comp travel
Cathy Lonaberger – “Correspondence”
• Need a refresher in ARS format?
• Are you new to ARS?
• Are you using the ARS Correspondence Manual?
• Proper clearance procedures.
• Sending correspondence by email.
Liz Parker – “Work Life Programs”
• Telework and Mobility
• EAP and WorkLife4You
Jeff Schmitt – “Bullying—What It Is and How To Deal With It”
• Learn to distinguish between harassment and bullying.
• Become aware of some of the current influences in society that contribute to bullying and how you can minimize their impact.
• Learn mechanisms to address your next perceived ‘bullying’ situation.
Sherell Brooks – “AgLearn”
• The Advantages of Online Training
• Be Proactive about your Career
• Choosing the Right Course
• Accessing AgLearn Resources
• Developmental Opportunities
Rosetta Proctor – “Excel/Sharepoint/PowerPoint”
• Tips, tricks, and shortcuts
• Please choose your two preferred topics:
Wendy Jones – “Portal Use”
• The purpose of the Portal
• The roll-out of the new Portal design
• How the new Portal will be able to help workflow
Keisha Risby/Cathy Walker – “Foreign Nationals”
• Foreign nationals eligible for federal employment
• Visas used to employment foreign national
• Immigration Laws
• Appropriations Laws related to the employment of foreign nationals
Michele Esch – “Grants & Agreements”
• News, updates and changes to the Agreements Process
• Updates to ARIS/AIMS and how to navigate the changes
Sabrina Brown – “Purchasing for Non-procurement Personnel”
• Cardholder Responsibilities and Expectations
• Declined Transactions
• Mandatory and Required Sources for Supplies/Services
• What you can and cannot purchase with the purchase card
Hotel Reservations: Click here to Make Hotel Reservations
AgLearn Registration: Click here
When & Where
National Advisory Council for Office Professionals
NACOP Council Representatives
Contact your representative with any questions about the workshop!
Linda Parnell, Sr. Co-Chair (NPA)
Melissa "Missy" Stiefel, Jr. Co-Chair (MWA)
Darleen Nelson, Recorder (SSA)
Kathleen D. Parker, Outreach Coordinator, (PWA)
Trudy Pinkerton, Historian/Scrapbook Coordinator (SPA)
Dawn Reed, NACOP News Editor (MSA)
Rose E. McIntosh, Webmaster (BA)
Brenda R. Holmes (NAA)
Tangele "Tee" Terry, (HQS)
Linda Fulton, Ex-Officio, (MSA)
Cathy Lonaberger, Technical Advisor (OA)
Patricia Berry, Technical Advisor (OA)