Explore writing in subject areas with experienced secondary teachers who will demonstrate how writing activities increase student understanding. Experienced GVWP teacher leaders provide ready-to-use reading and writing strategies that support all students. Join your colleagues for three days of learning about content area writing.
Workshop Topics Include:
• Explore writing in math, science, English, history, physical education and other subject areas with
experienced secondary teachers
• Design reading and writing tasks that promote deeper thinking and learning in all content areas
• Discover how writing increases student understanding and achievement
• Identify critical literacy skills necessary to complete CCSS performance tasks
• Examine K-12 reading and writing anchor standards progression
Dates: June 25-27, 2013 Tuesday-Thursday
Location: Ripon High School
Registration fee: $175 includes lunch
One unit of CSU extended ed. credit available.
Contact our office if you have any questions about the workshop or questions about payment options at 209-667-3490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org