OUR EVENT IS SOLD OUT AT THIS TIME. TO CHECK AVAILABILITY, PLEASE CALL KIM KIESCHNICK WITH IIAAUSTIN AT 512.401.6412. Not sure if you are registered...scroll past the event information to see a list of attendees. If your agency/company bought a table, only the name of the person that reserved the table is shown.
IIAAustin's Annual Holiday Luncheon
A toast to the reason colleagues, friends, food and fun are a must this holiday season!
Mix & Mingle: 11:00 - 12:00 pm
Enjoy a signature drink the Westin is creating just for our event!
Luncheon: 12:00 - 1:00 pm
This event features:
- Recognition of Past Presidents
- Chief Art Acevedo as our Special Guest Speaker
- Carrier Appreciation Drawing for Associate Members of IIAAustin
- Door Prizes for Agency Members: Our Associate Members always help make this a merrier event by donating door prizes! Bring a door prize to the event and when we give away your prize, IIAAustin President Dennis Northington, will recognize you from the podium.
Chief Art Acevedo
Austin Police Department
Special Guest Speaker
Holiday Luncheon Sponsors
Jingle Bell Sponsor, Our Title Sponsor: Suretec
Cheers, Just Desserts & Perk Me Sponsors
Cheers Sponsors (Bar/Signature Drink Sponsors):
Just Desserts Sponsor (Dessert Table Sponsor):
Perk Me Up Sponsor (Gourmet Coffee Sponsor): RPS l Risk Placement Services, Inc.
Want to join this list? Sign up as a sponsor here.
The tradition continues...bring a non-perishable food item for the Capital Area Food Bank. Join us as we give back to the community!
*Cost of Luncheon: Includes a cocktail (beer, wine or our signature drink created by The Westin just for our event), lunch, dessert and our gourmet coffee station.
- IIAAustin Members: $40.00 (To take advantage of the member fee, your agency or company needs to be shown as member of our association. Check your membership: Agency Member Listing / Associate Member Listing)
- IIAAustin Non-Members: $50.00
- IIAAustin Member Table for 10 People ($500.00) - Reserve your table for 10 people in a preferred location. (To take advantage of the member fee, your agency or company needs to be shown as member of our association. Check your membership: Agency Member Listing / Associate Member Listing)
- IIAAustin Non-Member Table for 10 People ($600.00) - Reserve your table for 10 people in a preferred location.
- If you do not register 24 hours in advance of the luncheon, the fee will be $60.00/person payable at the door.
Cancellation Terms: As reservations must be made in advance to the meeting facility, we ask that you submit your reservations by noon, November 26, 2013. Cancellations for paid or unpaid reservations must be made by noon, November 26, 2013 in order to receive a refund or not be billed.
About our speaker:
Art Acevedo is Chief of the Austin, Texas, Police Department, also known as APD. He leads a department of 2,400 sworn law enforcement and support personnel who carry out police operations within the City of Austin, as well as the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, city parks and lakes, and municipal courts. With an annual budget of $309 million, APD serves Austin’s diversified population in the 11th largest city in the United States. Under Chief Acevedo’s leadership, the APD has been reengineered into a data driven and intelligence led policing organization.
Because Chief Acevedo believes in the uppermost importance of good communication for a successful community, he has steadily worked to strengthen the bond between the people of Austin and their police department. He has forged partnerships with elected officials, diverse community organizations, youth groups, district attorney, the defense bar, and the media. As police chief, Acevedo also works to build sound relationships within the department. APD has reduced departmental expenditures by approximately $18 million, while maintaining service to the city, reducing crime, and keeping Austin—the fastest growing city in the nation—one of its safest.
The first Hispanic to lead the Austin Police Department, Acevedo brings a unique understanding to the concerns of the diverse Austin community of African Americans, Hispanics, Native Americans, Asians and Anglos. Born in Cuba, Acevedo was 4 years old when he migrated to the United States with his family in 1968. He grew up in California and earned his Bachelor of Science degree, with honors, in Public Administration from the University of La Verne in California. Acevedo began his career in law enforcement as field patrol officer in East Los Angeles with the California Highway Patrol in 1986. He was subsequently promoted through various positions of increasing responsibility to Chief, California Highway Patrol, in 2005. He holds various leadership positions with the Major Cities Chiefs Association and the International Association of Chiefs of Police and has been with the Austin Police Department since July 2007. He is married to Tanya Born Acevedo and is the father of Melissa, Matthew, and Jake.