Location: Lux Lounge at Caprice Nightclub.
Address: 965 Granville St (between Nelson & Smithe)
Parking: Lots of street parking on Howe and there's a parking lot just behind the venue on Howe, as well as on Nelson.
Event Start Time: 7:00PM SHARP.
6:30 - 6:50 - Paper Airplane Contest
6:50 - Ten minute warning to help people get seated and get their refreshments
7:00 - Brief overview of the Ignite concept for the audience, along with introductions to the Ignite organizers & award to winner of Paper Airplane Contest.
7:00 to 7:30 - First Block of Presentations
Presenter 1: Mark Pivon - They're Not The Boss of You
Presenter 2: Alyssa Wise and Natalie Sisson - Ultimate Lesson In Social Media
Presenter 3: Brian Street - The Ford Mustang
Presenter 4: Bill Greenbaum - Buy a Play with No Money Down
Break & Draw for tickets to see Jeffrey Hayzlett, Kodak CMO, Celebrity Apprentice star, and award-winning author.
7:45 to 8:15 - Second Block of Presentations
Presenter 5: Patty K - Dare to Dress Inappropriately
Presenter 6: Sofia Ribeiro - Yell At Corporations
Presenter 7: Bruce Nickson - Disruptive Technologies in Entertainment
Presenter 8: Garrett Wasny - Advanced Internet Research Technologies
Break & Networking
8:30 to 9:00 - Third Block of Presentations
Presenter 9: Darren Barefoot - Do Good Online
Presenter 10: Eric Smith - Selling to Big Companies
Presenter 11: Shane Gibson - Nano Markets
Wrap Up and announcements for the next event in June!
WHAT IS IGNITE?
Ignite is a style of presentation where participants are given five
minutes to speak on a subject accompanied by 20 slides. Each slide is
displayed for 15 seconds, and slides are automatically advanced. The
format is similar to TED Events and Pecha Kucha
Ignite is independently organized on the local level, supported through volunteers, sponsorship and modest admission fees which are returned to the community at least in part in the form of a charitable donation to select social interest groups. To date, Ignite is a global phenomenon held in more than a dozen major metropolitan areas.
Presentations can cover any topics - from serious to funny. The only condition is that they must have some social value, they can't be a pitch to sell something, and they MUST follow the Ignite format of 20 slides, 15 seconds per slide, 5 minutes total. For this event, the bill already has approximately 12 speakers slated. Here is an overview of some of the presentations:
Here, in no particular order, is the initial list of presentations and speakers that are planned for the Inaugural April 15th Ignite Event at Lux @ Caprice in Vancouver. With a theme of Creation, Evolution and Revolution, this Ignite Vancouver event promises to deliver a lot in a very short period of time. Here’s a sample of what you can expect:
1. What Is Ignite? – A Quick Overview in the Ignite Format: Five Minutes, 20 Slides, 15 seconds per slide that auto advance. Prepare to be enlightened, but we’ll be quick about it.
2. The Ultimate Lesson in Social Media: Two avid Ultimate Frisbee players share what they’ve learned from Ultimate to help shape a successful social media strategy
3. Dressing Inappropriately: A humorous and thought provoking look at what happens when we dare to show up as ourselves instead of conforming to societal norms.
4. The 1965 Ford Mustang: At the time of its release, the Mustang was seen as a revolutionary and innovative creation in contrast to the usual box-like cars coming out of Detroit. Today, it continues to redefine and revolutionize.
5. How to Buy A Hit Broadway Play with No Money Down: This informative presentation takes you to New York City where IgniteBC members will learn what it takes to buy a hit theatrical show and get investors.
6. Platypus Eggs and In House Idea Incubators: Encouraging entrepreneurship in your company, nurturing brainstorming, and building new profitable businesses from within the enterprise.
7. Advanced Internet Research Techniques: The Poem reveals how you can instantly improve your online search skills, evolve in your web productivity and transform how you use the web in your organization, career and life.
8. Sustainability in Simple English: Along with being Green, companies are adopting the phrase “Sustainability” into their business lexicon. This presentation will show you how to identify, implement and evaluate basic sustainability practices in your business and life.
9. How I Sell Stuff to the Worlds Largest Corporations: Getting in and closing the deal with the biggest, the baddest and the best in the World.
10. They’re NOT The Boss Of You: Really Really Useful Tips for New Parents and Expectant Parents From a New Father of Twin Boys.
And, approximately three or four more still to come. Be sure to mark the date in your calendar for this groundbreaking event in Vancouver: April 15 at Lux on Granville between Smythe and Nelson.
For more information, visit: http://www.IgniteBC.com