Find more information at 2009.igem.org/Workshops
Who should attend?
Every team MUST send at least one instructor. In the past the workshops were targeted specifically towards the instructors. This year, however, students are highly encouraged to attend as well! Portions of the workshops will be specifically geared towards students.
You only have to attend one of the three workshops, whichever one you choose, but you must attend at least one regardless of whether you are a returning iGEM team or not.
Your Role in the Teachers Workshop
Each team will be given less than 5 minutes to speak about their team and their involvement in iGEM this year. We advise against presenting slides because of time - as we are getting larger we want to give everyone the opportunity to speak but appreciate that we aren't just inviting you to come listen to team backgrounds all day. Please think about and be prepared to speak informally about the following:
- How did you hear about iGEM and why did you get involved?
- What are your expectations and hopes for iGEM 2009?
- What has happened at your school to get ready for iGEM 2009?
- Please describe the team - the students, the instructors, and the facilities available.
- How are you supporting your team financially?
- What project(s) is your team considering so far? (optional)
Please do not plan to give a presentation of the team's project. That will happen at the Jamboree.