San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
IDEAS Weekend (Imagine>Develop>Engage>Assess>Startup) is a high-energy weekend full of fun, excitement, and intense competition as students work in teams toward a $1000 cash prize! If you've never been to a "startup weekend" type of event, here's how it works:
1. On Friday evening, any participant with an idea can stand up and has two minutes to pitch their idea (practicing the pitch beforehand is recommended--and we will have an elevator pitch workshop the week before the event).
2. Each participant votes on the three ideas they like best.
3. The 3 ideas with the most votes are chosen as the projects for the weekend (the number of ideas selected will increase if there are a lot of participants).
4. Participants form teams by choosing which idea they most want to work on. The person that pitched the idea will be the team's CEO.
5. Teams work through the weekend to build a rough business model around their idea (expert help will be on hand) and to build a functioning prototype product (minimum viable product).
6. On Sunday evening, CEO's will present an investor pitch to the crowd (friends and family are welcome to attend). A winning team will be chosen and awarded the cash prize of $1000.
Friday April 11, 6pm-9pm: Pitches and Event Kickoff in FIT 203.
Saturday April 12: Teams work on their own schedule in FIT 203.
Sunday April 13: Teams continue working. Final presentation session will be at 5:30pm in the Methodist Presentation Theatre in FIT Lobby.
NOTE: This event is open to both U of M students and the general startup community.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Parking arrangements are TBD.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please contact email@example.com with any questions you may have.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
You can either bring your printed ticket or use the Eventbrite app on your smartphone.
When & Where
Crews Center for Entrepreneurship
The Crews Center for Entrepreneurship serves as the entrepreneurship hub for the University of Memphis. The Crews Center provides expert support for University students and faculty as they focus their passion and build their ideas into successful startups. The Crews Center also provides educational workshops, hands-on events, exciting competitions, networking experiences, coaching, mentorship and flex space to house emerging student startups.
The Crews Center is located at 3618 Walker Ave, just off the corner of Walker and Patterson.