San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
ICS-300 provides training and resources for personnel who require advanced application of the Incident Command System. The course expands upon information covered in the ICS-100 and ICS-200 courses.
This course is intended for individuals who may assume a supervisory role in expanding incidents or Type3 incidents. Note: During a Type 3 incident, some or all of the command and general staff positions may be activated, as well as division or group supervisor and/or unit leader positions. These incidents may extend into multiple operational periods.
Prerequisites The IS and ICS classes must be completed prior to your taking the ICS300 class. Class participants will need to provide proff of completions of these classes via a certificate from EMI, VDEM, or another certifying body.
ICS-100 and ICS-200, IS-/ICS-700, IS-/ICS-800
Note: Students must have taken the Emergency Management Institute, U.S. Department of Agriculture, National Fire Academy, or National Wildfire Coordinating Group ICS courses. Other ICS courses will be reviewed for consistency with the ICS objectives prescribed by the National Integration Center (NIC). FEMA recommends that ICS-300 participants have experience using concepts and principles from ICS 100 and 200 in a response or exercise and use their skills in an operational environment before taking ICS-400. This will provide necessary context and understanding of the skills they will develop when they take ICS-400.
Since this is a VDEM Sponsored Course, students must also REGISTER with the Knowledge Center
For participants who feel comfortable using the Knowledge Center: access the Knowledge Center using the web address for the agency where your account resides. If your account is with VDEM, you will go to https://covkc.virginia.gov/vdem/external . The announcement section on VDEM’s login page provides an instruction sheet for first time users to register for an account and, once approved, enroll in the desired course(s).
For those who do not feel comfortable using the Knowledge Center for enrollment, there is a new enrollment method via submission of an online form. Each course description on VDEM’s website (www.vaemergency.gov) has a link to the form, and it is also linked on the VDEM Knowledge Center home page (https://covkc.virginia.gov/vdem/external). Our Help Desk will use the form to verify/create your account and enroll you in the course. If you still have difficulty, please contact the LMS Help Desk at 804-897-9995.
Signing in to Virginia State Knowledge Center for ICS Classes
- If you already have a Commonwealth of Virginia Knowledge Center account through ANY state agency, you should not register for another account, but should use your existing login ID and password at that agency’s login page web address. If you have taken any courses sponsored by any state agency over the past 3 – 4 years, you most likely have an account! If in doubt whether you have an account, please call the HELP Desk at 804-897-9995, Monday – Friday 08:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
- Students who do not already have a Knowledge Center account through any state domain will need to register for an account in the VDEM non-state employee domain. The following procedures apply.
- Enter https://covkc.virginia.gov/vdem/external into your web browser
- Click the register link on the login page
- Select “ I am a non-state employee entering the site for the first time” and click submit
- Fill out the personal information requested, fields with asterisk are mandatory
- Enter the manager’s name and click Search. IF the manager’s name is not found, click the checkbox and Next to continue. You must go through the motion of searching even if you do not have a manager.
- Select Dept. of Emergency Management – External and then click Next
- Fill in your job title and then click Search. If your job title is not found, click the checkbox and Next to continue
- Select the most appropriate Affiliation and Reason for Access. The other two blocks may become mandatory depending on the response to the first two. Click Create
- Within 1 – 2 business days, you will receive an email that states your account has been approved. At this point, you are a registered User of the system. You must still enroll in the desired course! Return to the VDEM Knowledge Center home page https://covkc.virginia.gov/vdem/external then login using the login information you entered when creating your account and follow the enrollment instructions found in the Knowledge Center Course Enrollment Section…
- If you are having any difficulty please check with the Help Desk as noted above
Save This Event
When & Where
Fairfax County Office of Emergency Management
The Fairfax County Office of Emergency Management is a stand alone agency within the Fairfax County Goverment. As the agency that is charged with Emergency Management we focus on the following:
- Devloping and reviewing Emergency Operations Plans (EOP)
- Standing up and operating the Emergency Operations Center
- Providing for NIMS Compliance through classes and interagency partnerships
- Providing training that meets and exceeds HSEEP requirements based on county capabilties
- Making Fairfax County the safest and most resilient community in the world!
The NIMS/ICS classes offered through the Fairfax County Office of Emergency Management are centered around classroom centered instruction and are offered on a rotating basis. The classes are delivered at our EOC or at the AEOC located at the Government Center. Additional information and assistance can be had by contacting the NIMS Compliance Officer at email@example.com or by calling (571) 350-1018....