The Ice House Entrepreneurship Program is an experiential, problem-based learning program designed to inspire and engage participants in the fundamental aspects of an entrepreneurial mindset. To better understand the Ice House philosophy, Author & ELI Founder Gary Schoeniger traces the insights and principles that led to the creation of the Ice House Entrepreneurship Program in this four-minute Kauffman Sketchbook “Entrepreneurial Mindset” video.
To become certified to teach the Ice House Program and learn how to implement within your organization or community, you are invited to participate in the three-day facilitator training. The facilitator training consists of the following participant outcomes:
- Participants will understand entrepreneurship as a mindset that can empower anyone to succeed.
- Participants will learn to facilitate the eight life lessons, by engaging in the Ice House entrepreneur video case studies and discussion questions.
- Participants will engage in the entrepreneurial process through the Ice House Opportunity Discovery Process designed to immerse participants in real-world entrepreneurial circumstances that will enable them to develop entrepreneurial attitudes, behaviors, and skills.
- Participants will understand the importance of bridging the community to the classroom by engaging in the entrepreneurial process.
- Participants will review and discuss the Ice House course content, methodology, structure, learning objectives, and delivery options.
- Participants will learn best practices and use cases for effective delivery of the Ice House Entrepreneurship Program from implementations in classrooms and communities around the world.
This event is sponsored and organized by the Entrepreneurial Learning Initiative in partnership with the National Association for Community College Entrepreneurship (NACCE). Registration is open to all sectors including public, private, and non-profit. This training will serve as a pre-conference to NACCE's 2016 Annual Conference: Innovate Now.
Thursday, October 6, 2016, 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Friday, October 7, 2016, 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Saturday, October 8, 2016, 8:00AM – 12:00PM
For more information on becoming a NACCE member or to receive the NACCE member discount, please email Guin Griswold at firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more about and join ELI and NACCE's Student Success Campaign here!
Hotel Accomodations: A NACCE/Ice House Entrepreneurship Program group rate of $179 is negotiated at the Hyatt Regency Sacramento. Must reserve by Thursday, September 15 to receive the group rate Make your reservation online here or call 1-888-421-1442 to speak with a Hyatt agent.
Attire: Business casual
Note: Seating is limited. Breakfast & lunch are included.
Save This Event
When & Where
The Entrepreneurial Learning Initiative
The Entrepreneurial Learning Initiative (ELI) is a global thought leader dedicated to expanding human potential through entrepreneurial mindset education. ELI serves academic institutions, government agencies, profit and non-profit organizations around the world to empower their constituents with an entrepreneurial mindset through professional development training, facilitator certification, and curriculum content. ELI is the creators of the Ice House Entrepreneurship Programs. To learn more about the organization, visit www.elimindset.com.