iCann Puppet Fundamentals
Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 9:00 AM - Friday, February 15, 2013 at 4:00 PM (PST)
Los Angeles, CA
Puppet Fundamentals for System Administrators (3 Days)
This training course teaches students a best practice approach to managing their infrastructure using Puppet IT automation software. (Replaces the former Puppet Master course.)
- Developing modules/classes on a system that represent target systems.
- Using Puppet Apply to test and iterate modules.
- Placing modules on the Puppet Master.
- Declaring appropriate classes in node definitions.
- Triggering a Puppet run using the Live Management GUI
- Collecting and analyzing results in the Enterprise Console
After completing this course, students will be able to deploy basic system configurations using Puppet IT Automation software in a Master/Client configuration.
Target Audience (Who should attend):
The target audience for this course includes newer members at an organization already using Puppet, or experienced sysadmins wanting to bring Puppet into their team as a new solution.
This course has no prerequisites, but to complete the course successfully attendees need to have at least the equivalent experience of a junior Unix/Linux administrator.