IC Equipment Demo in Flagstaff, AZ
Wednesday, October 22, 2014 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM (AKDT)
The FHWA cordially invites you to attend an Intelligent Compaction Equipment Demonstration.
Intelligent Compaction (IC) is an equipment-based technology for better quality control that results in longer pavement lives. IC machines are vibratory rollers with accelerometers mounted on the axel of drums, global positioning system, infra-red temperature sensors (for asphalt), and on-board computers that can display color-coded maps in real-time to track roller passes, asphalt surface temperatures, and stiffness of compacted materials.
The FHWA has been leading a national effort to advance the IC technology through numerous projects since 2007 to improve compaction quality of materials that include granular soils, cohesive soils, stabilized base, and asphalt pavements. To further accelerate the implementation of IC, FHWA is conducting IC demonstration and open house events around the country.
The purposes of this open house are to:
- Familiarize attendees with asphalt intelligent compaction technologies;
- Demonstrate the route to successful IC implementation; and
- Demonstrate IC equipment.
- DOT Construction Engineers, QC/QA Personnel, Spec Writers
- Asphalt Paving/Earthworks Managers, Superintendent, QC Personnel
- IC Roller Vendors and dealers
- GPS Vendors
The Open House presenters include:
- Local Host (TBA)
- George Chang, Transtec Group, PI of the FHWA IC Team
- IC Vendor 1
- IC Vendor 2
- IC Vendor 3
|08:10 am||IC Overview||Chang||10|
|08:20 am||IC System 1||TBA||35|
|08:55 am||IC System 2||TBA||35|
|09:30 am||IC System 3||TBA||35|
|10:30 am||Equipment Demo||Vendors||90|
- Demo Agenda: George Chang, firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-659-1231
- Demo Facility/Equipment Delivery: John Smith, AZDOT, JSmith@azdot.gov, 928-527-0817
John C. Smith, AZDOT - Flagstaff