i4cp Strategic Workforce Planning Exchange Forum
Monday, October 7, 2013 at 7:00 PM - Wednesday, October 9, 2013 at 12:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Strategic Workforce Planning Exchange Forum
October 7-9, 2013
Hosted by Toyota Financial Services,Torrance, CA
- Stacy Chapman, CEO & Co-Founder, Swoop Talent and Founder, Aruspex
- Dr. Salvatore Falletta, Associate Professor at Drexel University
- Tracey Smith, Former Head of Workforce Planning at FedEx Express and Author of Strategic Workforce Planning: Guidance and Back Up Plans
We will hold a Welcome Networking Reception on the night of October 7th at the Miyako Hybrid Hotel, 21381 South Western Avenue, Torrance, CA, in the Nara Room beginning at 7:00pm pacific.
Our meetings will be held on October 8 & 9 at the Toyota Financial Services Offices, 19001 South Western Avenue, Torrance, CA beginning at 8:00am each day. NOTE: in order to gain entrance into the building, a photo ID is required.
TOYOTA USA AUTOMOBILE MUSEUM TOUR:
Toyota has offered a tour of their museum on Wednesday, October 9th beginning at 1:30 (the tour is approximately 1 hour). The museum contains an interesting collection of historical vehicles (Toyota’s US history spans more than 55 years) including concept, prototype and vintage vehicles along with car models used in movies and races. It’s a “must see” if you are a car enthusiast or history buff! For more information on the museum, please visit: Toyota USA Automobile Museum. To hold your tour spot, please RSVP while you register or call Marianne Menta. We will have taxicabs available after the tour for travel to the airport or hotel. Hope you can take advantage of this fabulous opportunity!
AIRPORT & GROUND TRANSPORTATION:
You have a few options to fly into the Torrance area:
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) – approximately 12 miles from Torrance (estimated $50 cab fare) and offers multiple airlines and flight times
- Long Beach Airport (LGB) – approximately 10 miles from Torrance (estimated $50 cab fare) and only has a few terminals, but is an easy “in and out” airport in the area.
- John Wayne Airport (SNA) – is a bit farther away than the other two at 25 miles from Torrance (allow at least one hour travel/estimated $70 cab fare), but is an option into the area
We are holding rooms at the Miyako Hybrid Hotel (21381 South Western Avenue, Torrance, CA). The reduced rate for meeting guests is $149 per night. Please call 310.212.5111 (request the i4cp SWPE rate) to make your reservation. These rooms will fill up quickly – please make your reservations by Monday, September 16th to secure this great rate. For more information about the hotel: Miyako Hybrid Hotel
To help with your travel arrangements, the high level agenda is below (All Times are Pacific):
Monday, October 7: 7:00pm – 9:00pm Welcome Networking Reception at Miyako Hybrid Hotel
Tuesday, October 8: 8:00am – 5:00pm Exchange Meetings at Toyota Financial Services
Tuesday, October 8: 7:00pm – 9:00pm Group Dinner (location TBD)
Wednesday, October 9: 8:00am – 12:00pm Exchange Meetings at Toyota Financial Services
Wednesday, October 9: 1:30pm – 2:30pm Tour of Toyota USA Automobile Museum
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Institute for Corporate Productivity (i4cp)
Direct: 1-860-704-8581, Cell: 1-860-559-8215, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org