How Does This Work?
- Volunteers who sign-up for one (or more) of the times above are asked to show up for dog walking promptly at their designated time each week. So, each group meets1x/week for 1 hour for 10 weeks.
- Each dog walker will be responsible for walking approximately 3-5 dogs in the designated hour.
What Do Volunteers Provide? Eligibility Requirements
- Volunteers need to have completed CARE Level 3 training by the start of the program;
- Volunteers should be able to commit to coming to AAF for at least 80% of the weekly sessions. "Your dogs" will be counting on you for exercise and warm human companionship!;
- The sessions will run "rain or shine" and will only be cancelled in the event of severe weather (e.g., lightning, etc.);
- In short, this program is not for the "faint of heart" but participants can be assured that they have made a difference for shelter dogs!
What Does AAF Provide?
- AAF will provide a point person for volunteers to check-in with each week. This will help maximize safety for people and animals; and,
- AAF provides enthusiastic dogs for volunteers to walk and interact with;
I'm Ready to Commit...How Do I Get Involved?
- Sign-up at: http://iwalkemataaf.eventbrite.com. As part of the sign-up process, you'll be asked a few questions and you choose the group(s) you want to join. There are a limited number of spots available; registration closes 24 hours in advance of the start of the program or when all spots are filled-which ever occurs first.
- Show-up: The dogs at AAF will be counting on YOU!!
- Questions? send a message to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Animal Adoption Foundation
The Animal Adoption Foundation is a no-kill shelter (non profit) for dogs and cats that have been abused or abandoned. AAF provides a safe and humane environment for dogs and cats that are waiting to be adopted. Our caring volunteers and generous, donors enable us to provide a safe and haven for our special friends. Please read about our volunteer programs and opportunities!
Visit our website: www.aafpets.org; or "like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/AnimalAdoptionFoundation