San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Note: Due to the interactive nature of the workshop, it is designed for one (1) mother and up to two teen daughters groups of participants per registration. Please check your calendars and confirm that you and your daughter will be able to attend the workshop before you register. Out of consideration for mothers who would like to participate in the substantive workshop and have cleared their calendars, please do not register for the workshop if you have not checked your calendar, blocked out the time in your schedule and plan to attend with your daughter. We want to make sure that there's space for everyone who wants to attend this limited seating workshop can. Thank you.
Watch video to see how much fun mothers and their teen daughters have: https://vimeo.com/channels/mothersanddaughters____________________
Dr. Trevicia Presents: I Love You But I Can't Stand You Right Now: Healthy Relationships™
Psychologist, Dr. Trevicia Williams, designed this fun interactive workshop for mothers and their teen daughter to have healthier relationships. The racing hormones and emotional changes that shape our daughters' adolescence can feel like a roller coaster ride.
Dr. Williams, author of Pearls in the Pain of Every Experience: Girl Still, Woman Not Quite, facilitates the process for bridging the mother-daughter divide during girls' teen years during the workshop. Mothers and teen daughters:
1. Have fun with role playing
2. Engage in interactive activities
3. Learn skills for effective communication to connect or reconnect, develop trust and respect, bond, grow and build healthy relationships
4. Be empowered and equipped to deal with "girl still, woman not quite" issues such as decision making and the transition from girl to young lady that oftentimes cause friction in their relationship during turbulent teen years.
5. Get the school year off to a dynamic start for you and your teen daughter to minimize conflict and drama!
Dr. Trevicia Williams, is a psychologist, talk show host, author and a human potentials expert. Through her Real Beauty Inside-Out Campaign, Dr. Trevicia, provides an opportunity for communities to become more resilient by supporting a cause she's passionate about: Reducing teen pregnancies, teen moms 2 and MTV's 16 and pregnant stories through *FREE mother and teen daughter workshops.
Research: May is National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month; however, preventative measures should be taken year around. It begins with healthy mother daughter relationships. Texas is #5 in the nation for teen births and Dallas is #1 in the nation for repeat teen pregnancies. According to the National Campaign to Prevent Teen & Unplanned Pregnancies," Teens Say Parents Most Influence Their Decisions About Sex."
Learn about conversation openers and barriers at the mother and teen daughter workshop facilitated by Dr. Trevicia Williams.
Age Group: 12-18 year old teen girls
Mothers and Teen Daughters must attend the workshop together.
*For a limited time the Workshop is free ($250 value).
Learn more at:
- Texas' high teen birth rate carries price beyond dollars
- Experts cite access to contraception as key
- Abstinence can be taught along with contraception
Call: 214-699-7646 for Details
mother daughter activities, teen girls, teen daughters, dallas, back to school activities, academic success