San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
* The death rate from colorectal cancer is dropping. This is partly due to funds raised that provide screening methods that detect colon cancer earlier, when it is more treatable.
* When detected early, colorectal cancer is up to 90 percent curable. Yet, less than one-half of colorectal cancers are detected at an early stage, when they are most treatable.
* There are often no early warning signs or symptoms – you can feel great and still have colorectal cancer.
* Colorectal cancer is equal opportunity: it affects men, women, and people of all races.
* Colorectal cancer is the second leading cause of cancer-related deaths in the U.S. Only lung cancer is more deadly. It is the leading cause of cancer-related deaths in non-smokers.
Trina is a daughter, mother, sister, friend, police officer, proud alumni of August Martin HS and so much more. She was Bold! Brave! and Beautiful!
Trina was diagnosed and passed away at the age of 36 from an advanced stage of colon cancer. That's 14 years before the suggested testing. She had no signs of being ill and passed away just 30 days after being diagnosed!!!!! Never did she complain, never did she ask "why?". Trina faced her illness head on, as we must face this monster head on! There are little or no symptoms for colon cancer, so you must become familiar with this disease and take action!!
We thank you for your participation!
Team "I Dream of Trina"
With your continued support we can raise awareness and contribute to the fight against this preventable disease.
When & Where
Sisters With A Goal (SWAG)
Sisters With A Goal, (powerfully known as SWAG), is a community of like-minded souls who motivate, inspire, support and keep each other accountable for reaching our GOALS! We align ourselves with individuals who understand the importance of uplifting and encouraging other women. We understand that our sister's success is a reflection of our own possibilities. Our organization encourages women to Think! Plan! and Do!