We invite brides and industry professionals to gather your friends and family and head out to the “I Do” DIY Expo. We are looking forward to meeting you and hearing all about your upcoming wedding!
Co-founded by Jasmine Cianflone, of This Moment Events, and M. Shannon Hernandez, of Sage & Time Designs, “I Do” DIY Expo is an educational experience for brides, bridal parties, and event professionals. The “I Do” DIY Expo not only features vendors who have designed vignettes to showcase their array of talents, but this educational experience also fills a much needed gap in the wedding industry by teaching, through a series of hands-on sessions, how to achieve the unique look brides desire and deserve on their wedding day.
The “I Do” DIY Expo is best described as a visual showcase of wedding design and ideas, coupled with hand-selected event professionals, who teach brides and other event professionals their craft. All of this is achieved in a relaxed, collaborative, and festive atmosphere.
Breakout sessions focus on various topics the DIY bride needs to know when planning the perfect wedding. Topics include the ins and outs of stationery design and assembly, how to design stunning floral centerpieces, setting up a dessert buffet that is cohesive, full of character and functional, using inspiration boards to organize all those creative ideas, and how to make sure you capture the entire wedding experience in photography that you will be sure to cherish for a lifetime. Seminar speakers hold discussions such as planning an authentic wedding, how to incorporate your personal story into your event, stationery etiquette and guidelines, and non-traditional spins on wedding decor.
August 25, 2012 Presenters:
- Brittany Allen, Author of 5 Steps to Maximizing Your Client's Vision: For Wedding and Events and owner of Beyond Beautiful Dreams, LLC, is sure to wow us with a hands-on educational session focused on vision boards. Brittany will teach us how to effectively build boards and use them while planning and tracking the details of your wedding and related events.
- M. Shannon Hernandez, founder and lead designer of Sage & Time Designs will be teaching the art of handcrafted stationery design at the “I Do” DIY Expo. Guests at the event will learn how to design fabulous invitations which set the tone of their events with a stylized, custom look.
- Owner of this moment. events, Jasmine Cianflone’s speciality in planning and designing weddings is teaching couples how to stay true to themselves throughout their DIY planning experience. Jasmine will share ways in which guests can add touches of their heritage or love story, as well as multicultural elements into the overall design.
- Michelle Nahom, Marketing Manager for the Association of Personal Photo Organizers, will not only teach us how to capture all those photos that guests take, but also how to enjoy them for a lifetime through the use of Linea. She will also be discussing how a photo organizer can work with you to add customized touches to your event, such as guest books and photography gifts. Michelle has been working with people and their photos since 2003, offering photo management services and solutions.
- With over 15 years in the beauty industry as a licensed cosmetologist, Angela Serritella will be joining us on August 25, 2012. Owner of Beauty from Inside and Out, Angela will be providing demonstrations on the how-tos of DIY hair for your wedding day. Angela is also a certified nutritionist and weight management coach, and we can’t wait to learn from her!
- Gabriela Salamanca, owner of No Limit Events, LLC is going to teach us that there there can be "no limit" to DIY thinking! Gabriela’s focus of the day will be showing us ways to incorporate high end touches and creating a seamless look when planning and designing certain aspects of your DIY wedding. Guests are sure to walk away “wowed” with the wealth of information Gabriela has planned for this event!
- Feuza Reis, owner of Feuza, Inc. will tell you she is not your average wedding photographer! Her specialization is in modern, candid, and stylish imagery. She captures the story of your life, so that you can bring those moments back to life when browsing the beautiful artwork she has created, just for you! She is also the founder and editor of the Un-Jersey Bride Blog, a modern NJ wedding blog. We are thrilled to have her join us on August 25, 2012, at the “I Do” DIY Expo, in New Brunswick, NJ.
We believe that learning must be coupled with food!
Refreshments to be served
Grilled Herb Crostini, Naan & Plantain Chips White Bean Hummus, Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta, Jars of Old Time Candy, Fresh Popcorn, Chocolate Dipped Apple Wedges Topped with Nuts, Caramel Boylan Bottleworks Traditional Sodas, Coffee, Non-Alcoholic Sangria, and Peach Iced Tea