Get down with your start-up.
Learn invaluable skills to apply to your creative passion from accomplished entrepreneurs, artists, restaurant owners, curators, community leaders, and more and inspirational professionals featured in Creative Enabler: The Book!
We'll be talking about stuff like...
- Building buzz around your brand by building community
- How to connect with art buyers, curators, snag gallery shows, and build your portfolio
- A crash course in crowdfunding for your creative project
- When to trademark and what constitues copyright infringement
- Brand loyalty through blogging, Instagram, and the almighty status update
- How to release and market your books, 'zines, and music
- Harnessing the powers of social media for good, not evil
GEW is an international initiative that seeks to expose and bring awareness to entrepreneurship through a series of activities much like this one.
It is my hope to bring creative professionals together to discuss interesting and relevant business topics and provide a venue in which creative connections can be fostered. Also, burritos.
About Creative Enabler: The Book
Creative Enabler: The Book is one part creative development, one part business smarts, and a healthy dose of reality on the logistics of turning your creative instincts into a profit-producing adventure.
Essentially, this is the story of us: The creative class that wakes up early, stays up late, lives out loud, and bets on dreams again and again. Many of us are not confined to one vocational path, but pursue sometimes 3 and 4 at a time in creative fields. We are writers. We play instruments. Our daily rituals are depicted in heavily-filtered shots on our varied social media accounts. We buy handmade. We shop local. We collaborate and we support our fellow creatives in their artistic pursuits.
Interested in snagging hardcover copy from the first run? Please check out the Indiegogo Campaign: igg.me/at/creativeenabler
About #HustleHarder: The Workshop
- The featured panel discussion speakers are successful small business owners, entrepreneurs, artists, writers, and musicians, many of whom were interviewed in Creative Enabler: The Book.
- Panel discussions will include advice on ditching the 9-to-5 and leading a creative (and lucrative!) lifestyle, finding inspiration, selling more artwork, building brand buzz, trademarks and copyright law, and other useful stuff that you can immediately use to grow your projects.
- The event will also include refreshments and a networking happy hour to connect and imbibe with fellow creative professionals and the featured panel speakers. I'm thinking we'll also have a burrito station, but hey, I'm always thinking about burritos.
The Workshop will be held In Jersey City, New Jersey. The location will be announced soon. Panel speakers are being added daily. Stay tuned to Twitter and Facebook for the very latest:
Submit Your Project to the Creative Enabler Indie Business Grant
A percentage of all book sales through the Indiegogo Campaign will go into the Creative Enabler Indie Business Grant for emerging creative professionals to be awarded seed money for their latest adventure.
I will be accepting project submissions from my Indiegogo backers and invite the creative community to vote on presented projects. The winning project will then be awarded the seed money during this Global Entrepreneurship Week event!
Once the campaign reaches 10% funded, I will open up the project submission floodgate.