HTML5 and CSS3 Intensive Workshop
Saturday, January 29, 2011 from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM (EST)
Brooklyn, United States
You have been hearing all about HTML5, now come find out what all the fuss is about. The course will be a mix of lecture, samples and hands-on labs to get you up and running.
Pre-requisite: The Intro to HTML/CSS class, or a working knowledge of HTML/CSS.
In this three-hour class we will:
• DIscuss HTML5 and CSS3 at a high level, examining what it is, where we are now, and who is leading the way.
• Cover CSS3 effects, including rounded corners, inset and drop shadows, and gradients.
• Learn how to add audio and video to your sites using HTML5 with no plugins required!
• Review HTML5 Offline Storage, what it is and how to use it.
• How to test for individual HTML5 feature support in your visitor’s browsers.
• Examine sites currently live using HTML5 and CSS3, and discover resources and materials for learning more.
Please bring a laptop with Aptana studio installed. It’s available at: http://www.aptana.com/products/studio2/download. Please also ensure you have either Chrome, Firefox or Safari browser installed.
This course is taught by NYC Resistor member Alexis Goldstein.