HRevolution is a premier HR 'Un-conference' event being held in Louisville, KY, on November 6- 7, 2009. The focus is on HR, social media, technology, and how the three interact. Don’t miss your opportunity to participate in or sponsor this event.
The idea came from hearing HR professionals say that traditional conferences may not be addressing HR issues and social media in the way that bloggers do. So, we created this 1 1/2 day "experience," centrally located in Louisville, KY, where we can come together in a less structured setting. The goal is to share ideas and experiences so that each person leaves knowing more than they came with.
Some of the fun and informative topics that the HRevolution may explore:
- Blogging Basics - tools, platforms, getting started
- Advanced Blogging Topics - hosting, building an audience, promotion, aggregation
- Social Media in HR - building the case, learning the tools, planning the strategy, executing the plan, measuring the results
- New Technology you can use - Demo and discussion of some exciting new technologies for information sharing and collaboration, low-cost (some even free), low maintenance, and really cool
The $50 participation fee will help cover the cost of the conference rooms (and related fees), food, and tweetup. Because of our generous sponsors' support, this participant fee is much lower than originally anticipated. At the close of HRevolution, if there is any surplus of funds, we will be donating it to Junior Achievement KY. Junior Achievement works with students to help prepare them for success in the global economy.
The Hilton Seelbach
500 South Fourth Street
Louisville, KY 40202
The hotel website is here
Phone - 1-800-333-3399 - When calling mention you are coming for the HRevolution to obtain the special event rate of $119 plus tax per night.
UPDATE: You can now register for the Hilton at the special #HRevolution rate:
Contact your HRevolution Planning committee:
- Trish McFarlane -firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ben Eubanks - email@example.com
- Crystal Peterson - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steve Boese - email@example.com
To learn more about the HRevolution visit the HRevolution wiki here. Questions, suggestions, and sponsor inquiries can all be made there.
We can't wait to see you at the HRevolution!
When & Where
The founders - Trish McFarlane, Ben Eubanks
The committee - Crystal Peterson, Steve Boese, Mark Stelzner, Jason Seiden, Joan Ginsberg, Yasha Stelzner