San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
HR Legal Lunches
The wage and hour law presents perhaps the costliest of compliance risks for employers. That’s because when you don’t correctly classify and compensate even one non-exempt employee for work time, chances are you could have a policy or practice in place that’s denying a class of employees the income they’re legally entitled to under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Join us on May 16th as we discuss the FLSA Landmines:
- The proper classification of exempt vs. non-exempt employees – highlighting administrative, sales, IT
- Implications of President Obama’s increased focus on expanding the reach of non-exempts, and raising the “salary basis” income test
- Correctly classifying Independent Contractors
- Docking pay for exempt employees
- Overtime pay calculations
- Overtime/work from home issues
- Specific case citations to support issues noted above
When & Where
HR Partners International
HR Partners is a full service Outsourced Human Resources Consulting and Executive Coaching firm, established in 1991. We specialize in: Launch/ Retainer of HR Function, HR Audits - Legislative Compliance and best practices, Recruiting/ Selection/Retention, Policy Development/Handbooks, Employee Assessment and Development, Succession Plans, Coaching and Outplacement. Services are provided on Project or Retainer basis. We are your Partners for Outsourced HR Services !!