How to Pitch Your Startup to LA Angel Investors
August 6th, 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Marcus O. Filipovich, Pasadena Angels & The Design Accelerator
It's time to raise money for the startup you've spent months getting off the ground- are you ready? Students will learn what investors look for, the different sources for raising a seed round in LA and how to tell their startups' story. Students will also have the opportunity to test out their pitches and receive feedback from the instructor, a seasoned entrepreneur and angel investor.
• What should I look for in an investor?
• Who are the early stage investors in LA?
• Angels, VCs, Accelerators, Incubators, Crowdfunding… What’s best for your company?
• What's the process that angels use to evaluate an investment?
• What does an investor look for in a deal?
• How should I prepare for a pitch session with an angel group?
• What should I include in a pitch deck?
• How do I follow up after the pitch?
This class is designed for entrepreneurs or startup fanatics who are looking to start a company or are preparing to fundraise in the next 12 months.
Required class materials / software:
Just bring yourself, good questions and a positive attitude.
About the Instructor:
Marcus O. Filipovich is Director Emeritus of Pasadena Angels, a 100 member group of accredited investors and a Venture Partner with The Design Accelerator, a joint venture of Art Center, CalTech and Idealab. He is also the CEO of Ikona, a developer of mission-critical consumer and medical mobile apps. Marcus is a serial entrepreneur and active angel investor with a focus on Digital Entertainment. He holds an MBA from Carlson School, Minnesota and an MS in Electrical Engineering & Computer Science from MIT.