How to get NIH/SBIR Grants
Intensive Workshop for Entrepreneurs
What you will get out of this program:
Grants strategies that can work
Nuts and bolts of making an application
Small group discussion with San Diego SBIR grantees
Strategies, case studies & overview of the grants process
- Scott Thacher, CEO, Orphagen Pharmaceuticals
- Deborah Slee, Co-founder, Aspyrian Therapeutics
- Douglas Lappi, CEO, Advanced Targeting Systems
From the trenches. Putting together an application
- Leah Shriver, Co-founder, Therakinetix: “Woes of a first-time SBIR applicant”
- Scott Struthers, CEO, Crinetics: “NIH SBIR Applications, The Missing Manual”
Small Group Discussions
(Two rounds, 40 minutes each, each with a different speaker)
- Pitch your non-confidential proposal*
- Discuss and dissect grant strategies.
*Attendees are encouraged, but not required, to bring a non-confidential 20 line (max) abstract for small group discussion (10 copies)
The event is sponsored by the San Diego Entrepreneurs Exchange (www.sdentrepreneurs.org). The SDEE was founded by local entrepreneurs in order to provide a voice for the early stage technology startup, to encourage new entrepreneurs, and to sponsor networking and educational events to help develop the skills necessary to bring funding and business to the San Diego area.
When & Where
San Diego Entrepreneurs Exchange
The SDEE was founded by local San Diego entrepreneurs in order to provide a voice for early stage start-ups, to support new entrepreneurs and their companies, and to sponsor networking and educational events to help develop the skills necessary to bring funding and business to the San Diego area.