How to Find the Silver Lining in Cloud Computing
Thursday, February 20, 2014 from 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM (MST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
“How to Find the Silver Lining in Cloud Computing”
Cloud computing is relatively straight forward in concept, but the devil is in the details. This
presentation will provide a cooks tour of the concepts associated with cloud computing taking
care to clarify the terminology and review characteristics of cloud computing that are important
to making decisions that result in good outcomes.
This will include:
- An overview of the different implementation models for cloud computing
- A review of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats associated with the cloud option
- An overview of a framework for assessing the business case for choosing a cloud solution
This presentation is designed to provide both general business and IT management with a high level framework upon which they can begin and engage in a productive discussion about cloud computing.
Participants can expect to come away from this course with:
- A better understanding of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats associated with a cloud-based solution
- An ability to engage their systems/business organization in a productive conversation about cloud computing
- A improved capability when it comes to making decisions about cloud computing.
Mr. Niden is a creative and innovative executive with senior level management level
experience at large global businesses. His experience includes:
- Co-Founder, EVP, Chief Product Architect at Textura Corporation. Responsible for both product development and technology. This includes management of: 1) the entire lifecycle for a set of cloud-based products; and 2) the technology necessary to develop and deliver a highly integrated product set via the Internet.
- CIO for both PwC Consulting and Mayer, Brown, LLP during periods of significant change. He was appointed CIO to ready PwC consulting to go public. He later joined Mayer Brown as CIO during significant (to 23 office in 9 countries) international expansion.
- CTO for Textura during its formative stage. A principal in the development of the business and co-inventor of patented business processes associated with the delivery of payment services for the construction industry.
When & Where
The Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA) is “The Source & Resource for Construction Financial Excellence” and the only nonprofit organization dedicated to serving the educational needs of today's construction financial professional.
Established in 1981, CFMA’s General Members represent all types of contractors – including general contractors and specialty trades – as well as developers, construction managers, architects, engineers, principals, and material and equipment suppliers. Associate Members include professionals in the accounting, insurance, surety, software, legal, and banking industries, as well as any other specialist who serves the construction industry.