Housekeeper Training - two day program
HOUSEKEEPER TRAINING PROGRAM
"take your housekeeper to the next level"
- Understanding Personal Hygiene & Sanitation
- Understanding the difference between housekeeping, housecleaning & deep cleaning
- Cleaning tools required for the house of today
- Different types of vacuums and what type is best used on which surface
- Cleaning products both chemical and non chemical
- Preparing daily cleaning caddy's and specialty caddy's based on the special projects at hand
- Understanding the effects of Heat, Light & Humidity on household interiors
- Cleaning technique’s to include best practices and "How to's" Rooms to be covered include, bedrooms, bathrooms and kitchens
- Dealing with specialty surfaces such as wood cabinetry, stainless steel, ceramic, shower doors, blinds
- How to correctly dust anything from delicate to everyday surfaces, this is the same technique used in museums such as The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Louvre and Buckingham Palace in London
- Dealing with specialty items such as antiques, art, books, drapery’s, sculptures, painted and wallpapered walls, chandeliers and rugs
- How to make the perfect 3-sheet method bed and turndown
- Time management on how to schedule your time and keep track of what has been done and what do you need to do as well as when items in the house need to be cleaned
- 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Starting laundry class with understanding clothing/laundry labels and what do they mean?
- How to correctly sort laundry for the wash
- Folding methods
- Best practices for stain removal, including step by step instructions
- Understanding the difference between a top loader and front loader and what can be cleaned in each type respectively
- Understanding ironing techniques, based on different fabrics
- Ironing temperature chart for all fabrics
- How to safely wash a cashmere sweater by hand
- 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
The last hour of the class on day two includes a special short presentation on how to correctly set an individual place setting for any meal/place setting. Each student will receive a world renowned "Butler Stick" so that they understand and can execute correctly an individual place setting using the technique of "accuracy = symetry and symmetry = beauty".
The Charles MacPherson Academy for Butlers and Household Managers
The Charles MacPherson Academy for Butlers and Household Managers is located in Toronto, Canada and was is owned by Charles MacPherson Associates Inc., a firm that specializes in providing discerning solutions to the luxury residential and hospitality markets since 1996.
The school is a registered private career college under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005 and is the only Butler and Household Management School of its kind in North America. The curricular mandate of the school’s program is to turn out skilled professionals who meet the service demands of the 21st Century.
We are the only Butler and Household Management School to use proprietary student and teacher’s workbooks & textbooks that ensure consistency of educational standards as well as teaching methodologies from class to class. The student textbook contains over 600 pages and 1100 colour illustrative drawings and has been prepared so as to equip students with the information they need to succeed in the program and optimize their potential for success upon graduation.