Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Hot Couture: A Fusion of Fashion & Fire
January 11 & 12, 2013
Doors at 7pm
Show at 8pm
(Standing room only. No reserved seating.)
In celebration of The Crucible's 14th Anniversary, we are excited to present Hot Couture: A Fusion of Fashion & Fire on January 11 & 12, 2013. Melding high fashion with industrial art, Hot Couture features world-class fire demonstrations, aerial artistry and a blazing showcase of wearable art from Bay Area designers.
Hot Couture will showcase creations from artist and fashion designers teams producing over 40 design concepts that illlustrate the intersection betweenfashion, traditional industrial materials and fabrication. Pieces will include a stained glass couture gown, custom corsetry embellished with interactive LED sensors and embedded 3D imagery, and warrior couture with welded steel and embossed leather.
The evening includes a special performance on a fire-breathing violin by Heather Katz constructed by Peter Kropf, accompanied by the dynamic aerial artistry of Rose Nisker.
Featured design houses and creators include:
- Alexandria Glowaski
- Annamarta Dostourian (Chris Neimer, Kim Mirus, Laura DuBois, Patricia Natale, Richie Pattison, Veronica Rojas)
- Avant Vouge (Sam Waller, Courtney Pheils, Celeste Flores)
- Bonde (Bonnie Heras), Erin Mahoney & O'Lover Hats (Elwyn Crawford)
- Coyote Counter Collective (Medium Reality, Rachel Lyra Hospodar, Miloh Alexander, Lara Grant, Rachel McConnell, Saan Nti, Sylvia Wood)
- Heather Wakefield (Jennifer Remmers, Krysta Lynn Kober)
- Jeaneen Brunck Designs (Katie Wolfenbarger, Danny Senn)
- Latex Fashionistas
- Miss Velvet Cream (Scatha Allison, Andre Glodzinski, Mikas Mogo, Monica Fine)
- SENSOREE Design Lab (Kristin Neidlinger, Anthony "Asterisk" Ambuehl, Autumn Adamme, Chris Jefferies, David Dawson, Erik Johnson, Greg Ames, Stefanie Ku)
Bianca Starr Productions is bringing style from within through fashion coordination.
CASS, our official recycling partner and funders of our youth internship program, is the event sponsor for our stage and runway and has supplied forty tons of compacted aluminum for the construction of the stage and runway.
The Crucible's Hot Couture 2013 is possible through the generous sponsorship and donations from:
The Crucible's Hot Couture: A Fusion of Fashion & Fire
Premiering January 11-12, 2013
Doors at 7pm
Friday: $30 (VIP: $75) / Saturday: $40 (VIP: $75)
Crucible Members receive a $5 discount on advance tickets
Tickets at the door will be $40.00 and $75.00 VIP
VALET PARKING AVAILABLE $10
All ages welcome, children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Mature Content, not suitable for those sensitive to fire, explosions, loud outbursts or partial nudity.
No babes in arms, all attendees must purchase tickets.
When & Where
The Crucible is a 56,000 sq. ft. nonprofit arts education and performance space located in West Oakland. We offer beginner, intermediate and advanced classes in industrial arts such as welding, blacksmithing, fire performance, glass blowing, wood & stone working, kinetics, enameling, ceramics, sculpture, and much much more.
Our unique public events blend these arts with gorgeous dance, music, theater and fashion performances designed to inspire creativity in everyone who attends. We hold public tours from 6-7 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays.