Leave the driving to us.....
Turn back the hands of time to a simpler era when horse and carriage where the means of transportation. Sterling Horse and Carriage Company offers winery tours by horse and carriage drawn by magnificent Clydesdales.
Our first stop is one of Livermore wine country's best-kept secrets. Retzlaff Vineyards is a family owned and certified organic. Here you will taste some of my personal favorites like Sauvignon Blanc, Merlot, and port. It's Here that you will enjoy gourmet sandwiches provided by "A Sweet Affair Bakery" of Danville (voted best of the East Bay in 2013). Relax at the picnic tables in a large grassy picnic area and sweeping pepper trees surrounded by their meticulously cared for vines.
After lunch our majestic Clydesdale horse and carriage will carry you through Concannon's luscious and picturesque vineyard amongst some of the valleys oldest vines. Mitchell Katz is dedicated exclusively in producing single vineyard wines and all grapes are hand picked. Their 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon "Fat Boy", 2010 Sangiovese, and their sparkling wine are a "must try" at Mitchell Katz.
We hit the Wine trail back to Concannon Vineyards. Concannon Vineyards Cabernet clones were used in many of Napa's most prestigious Vineyards and Concannon was the first to release the first Petite Sirah in 1964. Their Heritage Petite Sirah and Reserve Merlot are positively amazing. Paired with friendly staff and a beautiful winery you will see why we saved the best for last. After an exciting day exploring three award-winning wineries with Sterling Horse and Carriage Co. You will ride off into the sunset with wonderful memories that will last forever....
Tours are available Thursday through Sunday from February till mid November. Sterling Horse and Carriage Company Is also available for Weddings, Christmas carriage rides / light tours, and special events. Other wineries In the area can be substituted. Ask about our private Horse-drawn exclusive anniversary/engagement Sunset packages.
Lunch is provided by "A Sweet Affair Bakery" of Danville and voted "Best of the east bay" 2013. Apon purchasing tickets be sure to fill out lunch order for everyone in your reservation.
1) Turkey ~ Generous portions of freshly sliced turkey with cream cheese, avocado, cranberry sauce, sunflower seeds, Swiss cheese, sprouts, and lettuce. One bite and you will find yourself craving for more
2) Chicken Salad ~ Heaping mounds of chicken salad made from chicken breast roasted in our own oven. Topped with cream cheese, avocado, cashews, sprouts, and lettuce
3) Vegetarian ~ Loaded up with fresh, crisp, cucumbers, bell peppers, cream cheese, avocado, cranberry sauce, sunflower seeds, Swiss cheese, sprouts, and lettuce.
4) Italian ~ Piled way too high with salami, ham, hot peppers, bell peppers, Swiss cheese, sprouts, lettuce, and some mayonnaise to hold it all together
5) Chicken Caesar ~ Crisp Romaine hearts, tossed with fresh chicken breasts, parmesan and caser dressing
6) Roast Beef ~ Some like it hot. Just the right amount of mayonnaise, golden spicy mustard, and horseradish to gear up your taste buds. Perfectly seasoned roast beef layered with some Swiss cheese, sprouts, and lettuce, to keep you from over heating.
7) Ham ~ Impeccable smoked ham, Swiss cheese, sprouts, lettuce, with a hint of mayonnaise and mustard. Ideal for when you want something light to eat.
Multigrain- This is the one everyone is talking about….loaded with sunflower seeds and baked with love
100% Whole Wheat- Soft and Fluffy 100% whole wheat bread sweetened with honey and baked to perfection
Butter Crust- Soft and fluffy with butter melted right into the crust
Honey Corn- Soft and fluffy inside with a crunchy crust and hint of sweetness
Sesame Herb- Oregano, rosemary and dill help spice this bread up
Rye - The perfect blend of caraway.
French Roll - Sweet fresh bread baked to a light golden brown
Sourdough - Our customers favorite. A classic sourdough roll baked to perfection
Multigrain Roll - This one is killer - loaded with sunflower seeds and baked till the crust is nice and crunchy
Whole Wheat Roll - Sweetened with only honey, this roll is light, soft, and fluffy.
1) How do I plan for Weather when booking my reservation?
Controlling the weather is something none of us can do, but we can do our best to plan around the weather. During a case of extreme cold, extreme heat, high winds, or rain, for the safety of our horses, drivers, and passengers we are forced to reschedule. When booking your reservation, please be sure to provide TWO alternate dates that can be booked for you, in case of bad weather.
2) Why is the weather such a large factor of my reservation?
Our first priority will always be to keep our passengers and horses safe. In the event of bad weather, being in the carriages as well as being on public roads can be dangerous. Rainy weather can make roads slippery and visibility can be low. Extreme cold and heat can be unhealthy for passengers, drivers, and the horses. High winds are also dangerous as hearing can be limited, horses spook more, and debris are blown around and can cause a hazard. Besides the safety factor, we want you to enjoy your experience. Being rained on, blown away, extremely cold or extremely hot can sure make for a rough day.
*All Ticket sales are final and non-refundable. In case of foul weather or injury of horse, ride will be re-scheduled for a later date. By purchasing tickets for a winery tour by horse drawn carriage, customer is aknowledging this may be re-scheduled if there is foul weather or a horse injury. Must be 21 or over to take this tour. Does not include tour guide gratuity and winery tasting fees. Most wineries waive tasting fees with purchase of bottle of wine.
***On a day of 93 degrees or higher, Sterling Horse and Carriage Co. reserves the right to, and will reschedule for the safety of their customers, horses and drivers.***
Put in promotional code for early bird special!
PROMOTIONAL CODE : 112814