Hops and History Round 2
Thursday, July 24, 2014 from 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
FlipSide and the SF Brewers Guild present
Hops and History Round 2 - Tasting San Francisco's Brewing Past and Present
It's time to order another round. This 2nd annual event will feature Bay Area craft beer tasting, historical talks, a panel discussion, home brewing demos, local food vendors, and an expanded exhibit of rarely seen historical West Coast brewing memorabilia. Held in the historic 1874 San Francisco Mint, Hops and History Round 2 continues last year's sold-out celebration of the unique history of brewing in the Bay Area while looking forward to the future of craft brewing in the City by the Bay and beyond.
Don't get left out in the cold! Get your tickets early to join us to taste the past and enjoy the present of Bay Area craft brewing.
- Tastings from all breweries included
- Presentations on brewing history
- Home brewing demos by San Francisco Brewcraft
- Exhibit of historic "breweriana" from the private Collection of Ken Harootunian
- Bavarian pretzels from Bavarian Brez'n, gourmet organic "paletas" from Bliss Pops, Grass-Fed Beef hot dogs from Let's Be Frank, and other local food for available for purchase
- Docents interpreting in the historic 1874 Old Mint
- Souvenir sampling mug included
- Music by DJ Timestretch
- Piano music in the vaults and on the courtyard with Sunset Piano Project
- 21+ with valid ID
- Dave Burkhart and Jim Stitt - Handmade Labels for Handmade Beers
- John Freeman - Shock Waves of the San Francisco Beer-Quake
- Taryn Edwards - Lager, Ale, Porter, and Steam: "Healthful fermented liquors" at the Mechanics' Institute's Industrial Expostions 1857 - 1899
- Panel discussion with SF Brewers Guild brewers from Magnolia Gastropub and Brewery, Triple Voodoo Brewery and Tap Room, Cellarmaker Brewing Co, and Black Sands Brewery and Supply - moderated by Jay Brooks - Brookston Beer Bulletin
- Anchor Brewing Company
- Magnolia Gastropub and Brewery
- Triple Voodoo Brewery and Tap Room
- Speakeasy Ales and Lager
- Pine Street Brewery
- Beach Chalet Brewery and Restaurant
- Thirsty Bear Brewing Co.
- 21st Amendment Brewery
- Drake's Brewing Co.
Admission includes tasting of all breweries
$30 General Admission
$10 Society Members
$40 AT THE DOOR
ALL SALES ARE FINAL
SOCIETY MEMBERSHIP WORTH A LOOK:
• Society yearly membership ONLY $45
• Society members receive DISCOUNTS AND PRIORITY TICKETS TO ALL FLIPSIDE EVENTS
• Join here!
A special thank you to our sponsors-
When & Where
The San Francisco Museum and Historical Society - FlipSide & the SF Brewers Guild
FlipSide, a part of The San Francisco Museum and Historical Society, was founded to engage a younger generation of San Francisco history enthusiasts. Through awareness, the ultimate goal is to help foster the creation of the first museum dedicated to history of San Francisco. Member events benefit the Old Mint museum project and include exclusive parties at The Old Mint, Historic Bar Crawls, Lectures, etc.
San Francisco Brewers Guild
- Educating the public about craft beer.
- Organizing and hosting events such as SF Beer Week, Brews on the Bay and Meet the Brewers.
- Advocating for the craft beer industry in city government.
- Donating services and product to local charities.
- Partnering with artisan producers in the food, beverage, hospitality and agricultural industries.