HOPE's Sham Rock n Run 5K
Saturday, March 15, 2014 at 7:00 AM
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
HOPE's 3rd Annual Sham Rock n Run 5K is
SATURDAY, MARCH 15, 2014!
LOCATION: St. Luke's Lutheran Church
REGISTRATION TIME: 7:00 a.m.
START TIME: 8:30 a.m.
Includes Race Timing, a Goody Bag of Snacks and Special Offers, an Event T-shirt, Entry into an After-Party Including a FREE BEER to All Participants 21+, and Event Festivities that Include Face-Painting, a Costume Contest, Irish Dancing, and Massages!
$15/child 10 & under October 1, 2013 to March 15, 2014
$25/adult January 1, 2014 to February 28, 2014
$35/adult March 1, 2014 to March 13, 2014
$40/adult March 14 & 15 (at packet pick-up & at event)
Packets will be available for pick-up on Friday, March 14 at the Sports Authority in Waterford Lakes (610 N. Alafaya Trail, Orlando, FL 32828) from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Packets will aslo be available for pick-up starting at 7 a.m. on Saturday, March 15 at the race site.
AWARDS AND TIMING:
This 5K is chip-timed by Elite Race Management. Overall awards are given to overall male and female, and overall master male and female. Age group awards are given 3 deep to each male and female in the following categories: 11-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, and 70 & over.
OTHER GOOD THINGS TO KNOW:
- All participants are encouraged to dress up in their St. Patty's Day best! Prizes will be awarded for best costume in the areas of individual, child, and team.
- Children pushed in strollers are welcome to come for free. Any child ages 10 and under may register through "Little Leprechaun" Child Registration (children will receive a small medal instead of a t-shirt and a soda instead of a beer). Any child over the age of 10 may be timed by paying the full registration fee.
- Parking is available on site.
- Event is rain or shine. If weather conditions are extremely unfavorable, the Sham ROck N Run may be cancelled and no refunds will be issued.
- For safety reasons, no skates, skateboards, bikes, or non-service animals will be allowed on the race course. All strollers and baby joggers must start at the back of the pack.
- All proceeds from the Sham Rock N Run benefit HOPE Helps, Inc., whose mission is to prevent and reduce homelessness in Central Florida. Learn more about HOPE at www.hopehelps.org
THANK YOU for participating in HOPE's Sham Rock N Run 5K!
By registering to participate in HOPE's Sham Rock N Run 5K, you understand, agree, warrant, and covenant the following WAIVER on behalf of yourself or on behalf of a child you have legal guardianship over:
As a condition of my entry being accepted I intend to be legally bound and do hereby for myself, my heirs, my executors, waive and release all rights and claims for damages which may hereafter occur to me against HOPE Helps, Inc., Event organizers, Event timers, Event beneficiaries and their agents, representatives, successors, assignees, and sponsors from any and all claims or liability of any kind that may arise from my participation in this 5K event, even though that liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the releasees. If I should suffer injury or illness, I authorize the officials of the event to use their discretion to have me transported to a medical facility and I take full responsibility for this action. I attest that I am physically fit and hereby grant full permission to any and all of the foregoing to use photographs, video tape, motion pictures, recordings, or any other record of this event, with my likeness for any purpose whatsoever. I also understand that by registering for this event I may receive notification about future events via the information I provide. I AM OF LEGAL AGE AND I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE ABOVE RELEASE AND UNDERSTAND THAT I AM ENTERING THIS EVENT AT MY OWN RISK.
When & Where
HOPE Helps, Inc.
HOPE’s mission is to prevent and reduce homelessness in Central Florida by equipping individuals and families to become self-sufficient through Housing, Outreach, Prevention, and Education.
HOPE provides local individuals and families in crisis with a place to access the resources and basic necessities they need in order to avoid becoming homeless. HOPE serves more than 300 families per week in its food pantry, and thousands of individuals each year are impacted by the services HOPE provides. In addition, HOPE creates a support system to help client families overcome their crisis situations and return to self-sufficiency.
HOPE is able to provide these needed programs and services thanks to the help of its generous community. Donations and volunteers are needed every day in HOPE's Thrift Store, Food Pantry, and Resource Center. To learn how you can be involved, visit www.hopehelps.org or contact HOPE at 407-366-3422 to take a personal tour.