Homebuyer Opportunities Orientation
Wednesday, August 5, 2015 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (PDT)
San Jose, CA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
First Time Homebuyers:
Are you Ready to Buy a Home?
Questions to Consider:
- Do I have money for a down payment & closing costs?
(You will need about 5% of the sales price.)
- Do I have a steady source of income?
- Do I have good credit?
(Go to www.creditkarma.com to get your free credit report, 620 is the minimum score to have.)
- Do I have few long-term debts?
- Has it been at least three years since I have been on Title to a home?
- Has it been at least three and ½ years since I had a foreclosure or short sale on my home?
- Do I have the ability to pay a mortgage every month?
- Am I ready to purchase a home within six months?
If you answered "Yes" to these questions you are probably ready to buy a home. Please register to attend our Homebuyer Opportunties Orientation (HOO) & learn about First Time Homebuyer Programs* for working and middle-class families.
* Income, Re-sale & Other Restrictions Apply.
If you are not ready to buy and want pre-purchase counseling please go to our website www.nhsNOW.org to inquire about pre-purchase and one-on-one counseling.
- You MUST arrive on time, late arrivals are not permitted to enter.
- This is an “Adults Only” event.
- Note taking is encouraged, bring a pen and paper please.
- Bring your credit report.
- Due to high demand and limited seating, classes may get filled up before registration deadline. Be sure to make your reservation early as Walk-ins are not allowed.
- This HomeBuyer Opportunities Orientation is NOT a pre-requisite to the 8 Hour HomeBuyer HUD Education Class.
For more information visit: http://www.nhsNOW.org
For a complete list of events visit: http://nhssvworkshops.eventbrite.com
For information about Oak Place by KB Home in Gilroy, CLICK HERE.
To learn more about HomeBuyer Opportunities in Morgan Hill CLICK HERE.
Save This Event
When & Where
Neighborhood Housing Services Silicon Valley (NHSSV)
Neighborhood Housing Services, Silicon Valley is dedicated to the idea of Affordable Homeownership, Economic Security and Safe, Vibrant Neighborhoods for working and middle class families throughout Santa Clara and neighboring counties.
NHSSV provides programs and services that promote and support responsible home ownership as a means of revitalizing neighborhoods and engendering community pride and economic stability among residents.
NHSSV is a NeighborWorks® Chartered Member and HomeOwnership Center, a Community Development Financial institution, HUD Approved Counseling Agency and Non-Profit Realty.
Neighborhood Ownership Works!
We offer the following services and contact information:
- Pre-purchase Homebuyer Education and Counseling: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full Service Realty: email@example.com
- First Mortgage Financing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Building and Organizing Programs and Services: email@example.com.
You can send general questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.