Home Energy Evaluation Workshop
Saturday, May 18, 2013 from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM (PDT)
Neptune Beach, FL
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
“Turn off those lights!” How many times do you hear yourself saying this to your kids or your spouse? What about the constant adjustment of your thermostat? One person is too warm? Someone else too cold? How do you teach your family the value of conservation and energy use? Become an energy detective by attending a one-hour workshop where you and your kids can learn all about conserving energy, identifying problem areas, and tips on how to fix them. Free workshops are scheduled in May at the following Jacksonville Public Library locations:
• Mandarin Branch: Saturday, May 4th, 1030am to 1130am
• Argyle Branch: Saturday, May 11th, 1030am to 1130am
• Beaches Branch: Saturday, May 18th, 1030am to 1130am
Participants will learn how to use the JEA Do-It-Yourself Home Energy Evaluation Kit. The Kit can show you how to make your home more comfortable and lower your monthly energy costs. It's fun, easy to use, and available for free to anyone with a Library Card.
Everything you need is in the kit, including:
• A step-by-step audit guide and worksheet to perform the evaluation
• An infrared thermometer
• Three Kill A Watt™ meters
• A Hygro-Thermometer to measure temperature and humidity
• Ruler and tape measure
• Compact disc with all of JEA's energy and water fact sheets
• Consumer reports "Complete Guide to Reducing Energy Costs" book
• A water flow bag
Backpacks will be available at this hour-long workshop for checkout. This is a great project to do with the whole family where everyone can learn how to be an energy detective in your home.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the program administrator, Ellen Reed at email@example.com or call (904) 505-8557. Workshops are available free of charge for Homeowner’s Associations, PTA/PTO groups, non-profits, church organizations, etc. Call to schedule a workshop in your area.