Home Canning Vegetables, Plant City, Sept 8, 11
Thursday, September 8, 2011 from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM (EDT)
Plant City, FL
Do you want to preserve your garden's bounty? Come to class and learn how to can your vegetables (or meat or seafood) safely and nutritiously at home.
You'll see the whole process, right at the stove. You'll learn:
- What kinds of foods need pressure canning
- What equipment you'll need
- How the different kinds of pressure canners work
- How to select and prepare the food
- All the steps in safe pressure canning
- What can or cannot be changed in canning directions
There will be plenty of time for questions. If you have a canner with a dial gauge you can bring it to be tested.
You'll get canning instructions for meats and vegetables. The NEW USDA Guide to Home Canning will be available at a discount price.
Class is free but a $5 donation will be requested at the door to help cover the cost of materials used in the class.
Class is hosted by Plant City Department of Recreation and Parks.
When & Where
Univ of Florida, Hillsborough Co Extension
University of Florida, Hillsborough County Extension provides research based information to clients to enable them to make reasoned decisions to improve their lives.