HOLLYWOOD LIT: Literature. Intelligence. Technology.
Thursday, October 17, 2013 from 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM (PDT)
Santa Monica, CA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Literature. Intelligence. Technology.
The Future of Storytelling: From Cradle to Cradle & Beyond
in Film, TV, Digital, & Books
A reunion & relaunch on the intersection of narratives in Film/TV, Digital, Books featuring Hollywood Storytellers & Trailblazers in emerging Story-Tech.
Join Hollywood's Creative Think Tank. Click Attend for Details. Engage with creators and companies that speak to every season of your career.
A Special Time of inspirational speakers, stories, bonding, tech, food, wisdom & knowledge from STORY INNOVATORS, Leaders of Media Companies, Hollywood Storytellers and how to profit from writing
- 4:00pm-5:00pm - Check-In: Light Appetizers & Host Bar. PROGRAM & NETWORKING starts
- 5:00pm-10:00pm - Program: Lots of it! So Hard Start @ 5:00 – 10:00 pm: Heavy Appetizers, Dessert, Host Bar, Speakers, Storyteller, Panels. Famous HLR Raffle, Gift Bags, Screening of “Hollywood Goes Back to Story::Time Travelers Edition” (27 min. doc).
- 10:00pm-11:00pm - “After-HLR Party”
BY INVITATION ONLY: Limited Space! Peer-to-peer event for Retreaters & Newcomer Peers of authors, screenwriters/TV writers, producers, storytellers, journalists, celebrities, studio execs, media capitalists, production & media companies, brands, marketers, agents, and technologists.
Tickets are First-Come-First-Serve. Early Bird is Sold Out.
DISCOVER story frontiers, EVOLVE through Story, CONNECT with Colleagues, BE Inspired & Entertained! EXPERIENCE HLR! MANY THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS!
Platinum: DreamWorks Studios, FastPencil, Legacy.com
Gold: Amazon's Kindle/CreateSpace, Exotic Car Collection by Enterprise, Ken Stern & Associates
Silver: Vianel Studios, NetGalley, BKCG Law, Bowker, Wanda Wen Soolip, Got Kosher Gourmet
Experience the Hollywood LIT Reunion & Relaunch. Engage. Connect. Reconnect. TransMedia. TransBranding. Maximize Story Value. The Publishing Revolution: Options & Opportunities.
- Emmy Award winning Digital Entertainment Exec Producer David Beebe, discusses Story in the Digital Platform.
- Author/Producer (Looking Glass Wars, There’s Something about Mary) Frank Beddor takes us on a mesmerizing storytelling journey.
- Tech humanist, Carl Bressler, mediates this heated extravaganza.
- David Madden, President of Fox TV Studios, covers storytelling in today’s TV landscape.
- Financier of World War Z and co-founder of Hemisphere Media Capital, Jean Luc DeFanti, tells his angle on financing the “tentpole movie.”
- Bill George, estate planning attorney, provides tips on the value & future of digital assets.
- Author/HLR Founder, Lynn Isenberg, shares secrets on how to profit before you publish (from her new book Author Power).
- Amazon’s Kindle/CreateSpace, Thom Kephart informs us of A’s recipes for sharing and distributing STORY.
- Stephen Nemeth, President of Rhino Films/EP of Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas, Flow, The Sessions charms us with the many paths of underlying material to the big screen.
- Steve Parrot of Legacy.com unveils a Life Storytelling platform and game-changing applications.
- Showrunner Deborah Pratt (Quantum Leap, The Net), and new show in the works at a network to be announced) talks about Story Layers.
- NetGalley’s VP, Lindsey Rudnickas reveals The Art of Story Discoverability.
- David Shore, creator of House, discusses Character Creation.
- Ken Stern, Founder of Ken Stern & Associates, talks about What are You Worth - the Road to Private Equity
- FastPencil/Courier President, Steve Wilson, unveils uber-cool Tools & Technologies that help authors/writers AND media companies tell, share, distribute and profit from their stories.
For more program details, visit HollywoodLiteraryRetreat.com.
Special thanks to Carl Bressler and the Executive Committee/Advisory Board: Carolyn Caldera-DeFanti, Jean-Luc DeFanti, Adam Taylor, Rob Madrid, Kevin Gessay, Aaron Meyerson, and Sheldon Cohn for your support! Thanks to Interns Scott Cherhoniak, Sophy Cohen & Hallory Sindelar and Social Media Director, Elna Leonardo at Zen Tech Support.
>> View the HLR Teaser <<
In true HLR tradition, we’ve got awesome Raffle Gifts:
- Day-Long Luxury Car Rental from Exotic Car Collection by Enterprise
- Rancho Bernardo Inn Resort Stay & Spa Package
- Movie Magic Screenwriter Software Program
- Equinox 1-Month Membership
- Kimberly Lou 1-Hour Personal Training Session
- Odyssey MediSpa Facial
- Fred Segal Salon Haircut by Cristy
- Necklace by Jill Winston
- 1800Flowers.com Bouquet
- Sette Bello, Paiche & Nichols Gift Certificates
- Valet will be available
- Santa Monica Library Parking: $1/Hour until 11pm
- Metered Street Parking until 6pm
Bonus News: Send flowers & save 10% with promo code “funeralplanner” at 1800Flowers.com compliments of "The Funeral Planner Trilogy Comedy Novels". First 2 chapters free at lynnisenberg.com/opt-in. In development with award winning comedy director Donald Petrie (Miss Congeniality, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, Mystic Pizza...) Enjoy!
Good News: Hollywood Goes Back To Story: The Time Travelers Edition is available on Amazon! Enjoy the nostalgia! Featuring Film & TV creatives: Aaron Meyerson, Elizabeth Stephen, Esai Morales, Janet Yang, Lauren Weissman, Matt Gross, Steve Aranguren, Shanua Garr, Stephen Nemeth, Jon Klane, Steven Roffer, Susanna Hoffs, Val Stulman, and Storyteller Donald Davis! (+ video interview clips w/ Don Cheadle, Jay Roach, Chic Eglee, Valerie Landsburg, Rick Pagano…). Special thanks to Retreater Mark Porro for the stunning DVD graphics!