San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Many Hands, Make Light Work-Come One, Come All!
Please join the PSU School of Social Work community as we gather to help pack food boxes at the Oregon Food Bank during their busiest time of the year December 22, 2012. We are looking for 50 volunteers- this is a family friendly event, so grab your friends and family, register and join the fun! Thank you for your support and participation.
- December 22, 2012 1:00- 3:30 pm
- Children ages 6+ are welcome
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to our shift
- Required: closed-toe & closed-heel shoes
- Recommended: dress warmly,in comfortable clothes that you don't mind getting a bit dirty.
- OFB encourages volunteers to bring non-perishable food items to their volunteer shift.
- Lists of nearby food pantries will be provided to participants for available holiday food boxes.
Oregon Food Bank is a nonprofit, charitable organization that works holistically to help low-income families alleviate hunger and its root causes. OFB helps nearly one in five households fend off hunger by distributing food from a variety of sources through a statewide network that includes its four branches (in Beaverton, Ontario, Portland and Tillamook), 16 independent regional food banks and 947 partner agencies. http://www.oregonfoodbank.org
When & Where
PSU School of Social Work
The School of Social Work is meeting a critical need in Oregon as the only graduate level social work education program in the state, and the only public option for undergraduate social work students as well.
With strong academic programs, nationally recognized research success, and a growing continuing education program we are making sure that a social worker is there and ready when you need one.