Many Hands, Make Light Work-Come One, Come All!
Please join the PSU School of Social Work community as we gather to help pack food boxes at the Oregon Food Bank during their busiest time of the year December 22, 2012. We are looking for 50 volunteers- this is a family friendly event, so grab your friends and family, register and join the fun! Thank you for your support and participation.
- December 22, 2012 1:00- 3:30 pm
- Children ages 6+ are welcome
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to our shift
- Required: closed-toe & closed-heel shoes
- Recommended: dress warmly,in comfortable clothes that you don't mind getting a bit dirty.
- OFB encourages volunteers to bring non-perishable food items to their volunteer shift.
- Lists of nearby food pantries will be provided to participants for available holiday food boxes.
Oregon Food Bank is a nonprofit, charitable organization that works holistically to help low-income families alleviate hunger and its root causes. OFB helps nearly one in five households fend off hunger by distributing food from a variety of sources through a statewide network that includes its four branches (in Beaverton, Ontario, Portland and Tillamook), 16 independent regional food banks and 947 partner agencies. http://www.oregonfoodbank.org
When & Where
Portland State University, School of Social Work
Portland State University's School of Social Work is ranked in the top 25% of social work programs nationally. With the only graduate social work program in the State of Oregon, two growing undergraduate programs, and a brand new online program, the School prepares the next generation of social work practitioners, leaders and researchers to design our collective response to today's critical social problems.