It's been awhile, yes, it has. Several months, in fact, since our last party. Please join hocoblogs, our co-host Brian Dunn of Columbia 2.0 and a cadre of local bloggers and blog readers on Monday, February 13th, from 6-8 pm at The Corner Stable in Kings Contrivance Village Center (in the old Michael's spot).
I'm hoping you'll be able to make the party. Even more so, I hope that you participate. And what I mean by participate is that we've specifically selected the week of Feb 13-17, as that is Social Media Week, and what a great opportunity to celebrate our local connections and social capital through social media.
Before the party, for all the bloggers and readers in theHoco, I hope you'll --
- Tweet about the party and share the eventbrite link
- Register if you are attending!
- Like The Corner Stable on Facebook, if you feel so inclined
- Write a blog post about the party
- Share news of the party in your local social network
- Write a comment on the blog posts by P90Noir or HowChow ... or on Yelp or Urban Spoon
At the party --
- Check in on Foursquare
- Take and post photos with instagram
After the party -- same drill, you know the deal. Tweet, talk it up, thank the venue in your social network, write a post about the event ...
See you #soon!
When & Where
We publish hundreds of local blogs, host fun and (usually) free parties and events, and promote the thoughtful and considerate use of social media in #HoCoMd. People, organizations and businesses located in Howard County, Md. -- regardless of what they blog about -- are encouraged to submit their blogs on our site; it's free. Submit a blog here!
We've also launched a local, Howard County-focused calendar, TotallyHoCo.com. It's free to post events and it's a great place to find out what's happening locally.