About the event
The HM Revenue and Customs Business Education & Support Team will explain business expenses and capital allowances for the self-employed.
Who should attend?
This workshop is aimed at the self-employed. Please note: The Business Expenses and Capital Allowances for the self-employed workshop is not applicable to directors of limited companies.
Anyone who is self-employed or considering becoming self-employed may attend.
What will it cover?
The following subjects will be covered during the workshop:-
- what allowable business expenses are and how to work out your tax allowances
- how to recognise the most common types of allowable business expenses
- how to identify allowable and non-allowable business expenses
- the different ways to work out your motoring expenses
- how to correctly work out capital allowances for cars, other vehicles and equipment using examples
- where to find any further information and help you may need
- Self Assessment Online
Dates and Times
Venue- University of Essex - Business Hub
Date- Tuesday 30th October 2012
Registration- From 10:30
Hot drinks will be available from our Flavia drinks machine at a cost of 80p per cup.