Hire Beware - WEBINAR
Wednesday, September 12, 2012 from 9:30 AM to 11:00 AM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
It's now 2012; we have emerged from the dark days of the recession, and while the future may not be all sunshine yet, we are starting to breathe, and more importantly, hire again.
Many employers forget, however, that mistakes made at the hire stage come back to haunt us, by way of a misclassified employee, a poorly written contract, representations turned to fraud claims, or a bad hire which becomes poison in the workforce or a wrongful termination suit down the road.
Knowing the law, using proper forms and making the best choices in the hiring process go a long way to avoiding those bad apples and lawsuits later.
Come and learn:
- What you and your managers can say and not say in recruiting and interviewing;
- The latest on the notice required by the Wage Theft Protection Act of 2011 (Labor Code 2810.5);
- How to draft commission and other employment agreements and other letters to comply with the new law effective January 2013;
- The best ways in which to implement arbitration policies and take advantage of the latest case law regarding class action waivers;
- How to determine the best and legal ways to structure compensation;
- Making use of technology to hire without running afoul of privacy laws;
- The latest laws on background checks, drug testing, personality tests, and MUCH MORE!
Lathrop & Gage LLP
A full-service law firm, Lathrop & Gage LLP has more than 320 attorneys in 10 offices nationwide – from Los Angeles to Boston. In 2012, Chambers USA ranked Lathrop & Gage’s corporate, environmental, intellectual property, labor and employment, litigation, real estate and transportation teams among the best in their regions. For more information, visit www.lathropgage.com.