Highland Park Scholastic Quads and Game Reviews
Sunday, October 6, 2013 from 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM (CDT)
Highland Park, IL
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Game reviewers will include International Master Florin Felecan (FIDE 2361), International Master Arjun Vishnuvardhan (FIDE 2275) and FIDE Master Gauri Shanker Manoj (FIDE 2281)
- Quads are groups of four players with similar ratings (either USCF, local rating, or at TD’s discretion). Games are against others in your quad only
- Event is unrated, designed for fun and learning through game reviews (not mandatory, but strongly encouraged)
- 3 rounds, G/30 (each player has 30 minutes to complete all moves; sudden death)
- Grades K-12. All players must take notation
- Bring own set, board & clock (if no clock, organizer reserves right to call winner)
- Awards – Medals awarded to top players in each quad
Food available at site. Nut free snacks recommended for between rounds.
Registration and fees:
- $10 by Tues 10/1 10 pm, $13 thereafter (a small service charge will be added to each fee amount); OK to register at door!
- Check-in at 2 pm. 1st Round 2:30, others ASAP
- Directions/Parking: Follow directions to “H” Entrance located on the north side of the building
- Sponsored by HPHS Chess Team and District 112 Chess Program
- Info: Grades 9-12: Pablo Alvarez, firstname.lastname@example.org, 224-765-2048 or 630-649-3585. Grades K-8: Jerry Neugarten, email@example.com, 847-831-2435
Max attendance is 150 (first-come, first served).
When & Where
Highland Park Scholastic Chess
Highland Park Scholastic Chess is a group of parents, chess club directors, coaches, after-school program coordinators and PTO/PTA representatives committed to building high-quality chess programs for elementary and middle school students in Highland Park. Our goal is to make quality instruction available to all students regardless of need.