High Heel Shoemaking Weekend Intensive
Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 9:00 AM - Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 6:00 PM (EST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Make a pair of mid to high heeled pumps in this intensive weekend course designed for the shoemaking novice.
This is a full-time weekend course meeting January 26th and 27th from 9am to 6pm with a one hour break for lunch.
This course will give you a very solid technical foundation of all the parts of a women's shoe, and shoe construction techniques.
You will learn:
- Basic pattern making techniques.
- How to choose proper materials.
- Cutting your pattern.
- Stitching the upper.
- Finishing the upper.
- Lasting the upper.
- Adding toe puff and counter support in the shoe.
- Preparing and dying or coloring the sole.
- Attaching a heel and heel cover.
- Making and attaching a sock liner.
All materials are included in the cost of the course.
and much more.
As part of this course, you will receive a Sixsmith & Company Shoe Kit which includes everything you need to make six pairs of shoes. Your shoe kit includes:
- -One pair of shoe lasts in your choice of size and style.
- -Six pairs of insole boards with embedded shanks.
- -6 pairs of heels matched to the height of the last.
- -6 pairs of counters and toe puffs matched to your shoe lasts.
- -One starter template for the upper, plus templates for the insole and counter cover, matched to your shoe last.
- -3 pairs of leather soles, and 3 pairs of polyurethane soles.
- -Master's Cement
Tuition for this workshop is $225. The material fee for the workshop is $250, which includes the discounted Shoe Kit so you can make more shoes after leaving the class.
When & Where
Sixsmith Workshop (6smith)
Sixsmith & Company makes shoes, provides resources to other shoemakers, and works with fashion designers to provide prototoytpes of their designs.