Herb Day Festival 2013
Saturday, April 6, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Fort Myers, FL
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Presented by UF/IFAS Lee County Extension, Master Gardeners
Saturday, April 6, 2013
8:45 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
(Herb garden tour 2-3 p.m.)
Eco Living Center at Rutenberg Park
6490 S. Pointe Blvd, Fort Myers, FL. 33919
- Understand the value of herbs
- Understand the value and many uses of herbs: medicinal, culinary, ornamental
- Learn the different uses of herbs through lectures, demonstrations and tours
Presentations Topics Include:
- Introduction to the herb of the year, the elderberry
- The many medicinal uses of herb extracts
- Growing and using herbs in the kitchen
- Attracting butterflies and hummingbirds and enhancing your landscape with Florida friendly herbs
This program is intended for anyone who is looking to learn how to grow and use herbs in their southwest Florida garden and/or landscape.
There will be several fun and informative speakers, authors, and many vendors. Herbs, vegetables and fruit trees are for sale. Several door prizes including rain barrels, allspice trees, cookbooks, pottery and yard art.
$20.00 per household paid in advance/$25 at the door
If you need further information, please contact the horticulture help desk at the Lee County Extension office: 239-533-7505.