THIS EVENT HAS BEEN MOVED TO 9AM (previously scheduled for 2pm)
As part of a global initiative to train more Drupalists, Blink Reaction is running more free Hello Drupal sessions this year.
With hands-on training you'll get kick started in learning Drupal. You'll also talk to professional developers who use Drupal. We'll tell you about the kinds of jobs available, and how you can determine which is right for you.
This is suitable for students and career switchers who might consider a career in open source web development.
In this two hour session, experience using Drupal, and learn about the community as well.
* Students exploring options for careers in web development, cloud computing and infrastructure, design, sales, marketing.
* Career switchers looking to expand on their prior experience.
* Self-starters who are curious and want to learn new skills that are in demand.
* People with some prior experience of or knowledge of web development.
Knowledge of HTML and CSS preferable.
By the end of the training you will be able to:
* Explain how a typical site is built in Drupal, and explain the page-model in Drupal.
* Use Drupal specific terminology such as fields, views, node, block, page.
* Determine what skills you need to develop to reach your goals.
* Know where to go to find career opportunities in Drupal.
* Articulate the various roles and opportunities available.
FFW Center of Excellence Classes & Events
Drupal is the smartest web application platform available, powering some of the most important and exciting internet properties.
FFW is a premier provider of Drupal and Open Source education, including: training, consulting, adoption and strategy services. We provide ready-to-deliver and custom enablement services allowing individuals, teams and enterprises to generate measurable gains and exceed IT and marketing goals.
How We Deliver
Flexible and Focused, Results-Oriented Education Powered by FFW
FFW is a leader in results-oriented enterprise-grade development and maintenance solutions and services. Every delivery is tailored to your organization’s needs. We start by understanding your business drivers, learning objectives and levels of experience. Then we recommend different options as part of an overall technology adoption strategy for your business. Full or half-day classes and workshops are delivered on-site, remotely or in combination (whatever works best for you and your team) and are designed to help you become immediately productive and continue learning.