Hell Hole Hundred
Saturday, June 7, 2014 at 7:00 AM - Sunday, June 8, 2014 at 3:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Hell Hole Hundred is a 100 mile/100k trail run and relay on the 19 mile Jericho Horse Trail within the Francis Marion National Forest. This event, will take participants through sections of the Hell Hole Swamp, the event will consist of a 5 mile run (to thin the pack and make up the difference in distance) prior to commencing the 5 loops through the Francis Marion National Forest. 100k participants will run 3 loops.
SOLO RUNNERS PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO REGISTER:
All participants will have a place to camp Saturday night and have access to restroom facilities. Meals are included in the registration fee and Eagle Endurance, LLC has contracted Backdraft BBQ SC to provide meals on saturday as well as meals on Sunday if desired. Family members and crew personnel will be able to purchase meals as well.
3/5/6 and 10 person relay teams:
Your relay buddy(s) will head to your predetermined exchange points in a personal vehicle. Once there...they will wait for you to arrive. Relay teams are responsible for deciding how they will work the exchanges around the course. There are road crossings all around the trail from every mile or two to longer distances. A map is in the process of being created to help you navigate.
Please remember: Relay participants are responsible for getting to the exchange points via their own vehicle and exchange points are either the aid stations or anywhere along the route you would like.
Awards and Stuff
1) The first official male and female runner to cross the finish line within 30 hours will be the Overall Winner(s) for the 100 Mile and 100k. 100 mile winners will have special belt buckles commemorating their kick ass victory.
2) Every participant receives a high tech... tech shirt.
3) All 100 mile finishers in under 30:00:00 hours will receive the hand-made Hell Hole Hundred belt buckle. Those over receive an award for completion.
4) All 100k official finishers in under 30 hours will receive an official award for completion.
5) Registration includes catered meals, lunch and dinner on the 7th, breakfast on the 8th.
6) Relay participants will be taken care of as well.
TrySports Mount Pleasant
Towne Centre, 1708 Towne Centre Way Unit B2
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
Thursday, June 5, 2014 between the hours of 4 pm to 8pm
(and morning of the event from 5:00-5:45 AM)
Cancellation Policy: This event will happen rain or shine.
Refund Policy: Due to the costs associated with the event, there are no refunds.
Information concerning Civil Rights and affiliation with the Francis Marion National Forest:
"In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.)
The Hell Hole Hundred is operated under special use permit with the Francis Marion National Forest.
When & Where
Eagle Endurance, LLC
Chad Haffa is an avid trail runner with roots in the Charleston, South Carolina trail running community. As the CEO and founder of Eagle Endurance, LLC, Chad has taken to developing fun and exciting trail runs that range in difficulty as well as distance.
Chad is the Race Director for the following events:
- Wambaw Swamp Stomp 50-50 (50 mile/50K) Trail Run and Relay
- Run to Momma 5k/15k Run
- The Badlands 10k, 13.1M, 16M, 26.2M 50k, 50M (On the Maah Daah Hey Trail)
- Hell Hole Hundred 100 mile/100k and 60k Trail Race
- Raccoon Pond Rush 10 Mile Trail Run and Relay
- CrossBridge Pancake 5k/10k Run
- Lost and Hound 5k/10k Run
- Francis Marion Dirt Dash Half Marathon/12k
- Almost 9 Miler Trail Run
- Last Chance 50k Trail Run and Relay.
- Dead Men Tell No Tales...
- Carrera de los Muertos
Chad has future plans to expand his trail running series throughout the United States.