Join leading experts to learn about new building science, products, and practices to maximize safety and air quality in the home.*
Home health best practices are evolving quickly. Are you up to speed or out of date? Don’t miss Build It Green’s conference to convey the latest knowledge on this critical but often overlooked green building topic. We’ve assembled leading industry experts whose presentations will explore:
- cost-effective ways to maintain indoor air quality during construction and remodeling to protect homeowners and work crews
- updated combustion safety standards and testing protocols
- how to assess the health and “greenness” of building products and materials, from countertops to foam insulation and flame retardants in furniture
- new building products and healthier alternatives
- the latest building science on indoor air quality, including current challenges and debates
- easiest ways to improve indoor air quality of existing homes
Industry Experts, Cutting-Edge Presentations
Earn CEUs and network with other building professionals, including contractors, builders, raters, and architects. Featured presentations include:
Keynote Address: Healthy Home Trends & Best Practices
Speaker: Anthony Berheim, Bernheim + Dean. Inc
A roundup of the most important industry trends and developments, including chemicals in the built environment; climate change, air quality, and its impact on residential design and construction; and national industry drivers.
Misconceptions About Combustion Safety
Speaker: Vi Rapp, Lawrence Berkeley Labs
Join us to assess the effectiveness of combustion safety tests and the health hazards of combustion appliances. Learn the key fundamentals of appliance venting, and improved risk mitigation strategies and safety procedures.
Healthy Buildings: Reducing the Use of Flame Retardants and Six Classes of Harmful Chemicals
Speaker: Arlene Blum, Green Science Policy Institute
We’ll discuss the “Six Classes” or families containing chemicals of concern, the science and policy of flame retardant chemicals, and the national health impacts of California’s changing flammability standards.
From Red Lists to Green Chemistry: Hazardous Chemicals and Green Building Materials
Speakers: Cate Leger, Leger Wanaselja Architecture; Melanie Loftus, Healthy Building Science
Are you aware of the health and environmental risks associated with chemicals found in common building materials? Learn about industry “red lists,” the transparency movement, and creating a marketplace for safer alternatives.
When You Can’t Breathe, Nothing Else Matters!
Speakers: Mike Roth, McCutcheon Construction; Alex Stadtner, Healthy Building Science
Implement best practices to protect workers and occupants. Set yourself apart from the competition, minimize client complaints, and reduce the risk of OSHA/EPA violations. Learn how to manage pollutants during demolition and construction.
GreenPoint Rated Panel & Case Study
Speakers: Amy Dryden, Build It Green; Katy Hollbacher, Beyond Efficiency
Thank You to Our Sponsor
...and to Our Promotional Partners
* California consumers are not obligated to purchase any full fee service or other service not funded by this Program.This Program is funded by California utility ratepayers under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission. To register without paying the event fee, contact the Education Dept. at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510-590-3360 ext 603.