HEALTHY COOKING SERIES – 4 Weeks - Sundays, 8/4-8/25/13 -10am-12:30pm
Sunday, August 4, 2013 at 10:00 AM - Sunday, August 25, 2013 at 12:30 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
HEALTHY COOKING SERIES – 4 Weeks - $350
Sunday, 8/4/13-8/25/13 10:00am-12:30pm
Emphasis is placed on whole grains and the use of Healthy Cooking Oils
- Meets once weekly – 2 ½ hours - 4 weeks
- Preparation is key as steps are done in advance to save time
- Knife Skills Instruction and Practice
Everyone has been told to eat Healthier at some point in their lives. Chef Eric has spent years working on Healthier Recipes that are tasty and use unique ingredients for extra FLAVOR! Come join us for this exciting Series that will have you loving to cook and eat Healthier AT HOME!
Class #1 - Dry Heat Cooking and Sauces; Roasting/Grilling -Students learn Grilling and Roasting of Meats and Fish. Procuring, storing, marinating and serving are also covered.
- Herb-Coated Pan-Roasted Chicken with Champagne Swiss Chard and Scallion-Cilantro Barley Pilaf
- Whole Roasted Fish, Bombay Style with Stir-Fried Cauliflower with Green Peas and Ginger
- Roasted Tomatoes with Garlic and Basil Oil
- Oaxacan-Style Grilled Chicken Breasts with Rice Pilaf with Pico De Gallo
- Roasted Corn with Jalapenos, Garlic, Lime and Cilantro
Class #2 - Vegetables, Whole Grains and Vegetable Entrees - Here students will focus solely on vegetables and grains and how to prepare satisfying meals from them.
- Grilled Portobello Mushrooms stuffed with Black Beans, Tomatoes, Roasted Corn and Chilies
- Wheat Crepes with Wild Mushrooms and Chile Cream Sauce
- Roasted Eggplant with Beluga Lentils, Garlic, Ginger, Curry Leaves, and Turmeric Root
- Home Made Whole Wheat Fettuccine with Roasted Corn, Chiles and Cilantro
Class #3 - Moist Heat Techniques and Combinations; Steaming, Poaching, Braising, Stewing - The benefits of poaching and steaming are practiced. Stews and other braised dishes are also covered in this session.
- Tagine of Fish with Preserved Lemons, Olives and Chermoula
- Quinoa Pilaf
- Citrus-Braised Flank Steak with Vegetables
- Wheat Polenta
- Hot and Spicy Vegetables with Ginger, Garlic, Chili Sauce and Sesame Oil
- Stir-Fried Barley Pilaf with Red Bell Pepper, Shallot, Carrot, Celery, and Olive Oil
Class #4 - Frying Techniques; Stir Frying, Deep Frying, Pan-Frying - In this session, students will prepare recipes using a Wok. Practical application of Healthy Fried Foods and Oils will also be taught.
- Thai-Style Stir-Fried Chicken with Basil and Chiles
- Sugar Snap Peas with Mixed Wild Mushrooms
- Brown Rice Pilaf with Oyster Mushrooms
- Whole Fish - Deep Fried (Trout, Rock Cod or Catfish) with Ginger, Sake, Soy Sauce and Lemon Juice
- Roasted Asparagus with Lime Ponzu Sauce
- Phyllo Dough Spring Rolls with Mushrooms and Chile-Peanut Coconut Sauce